PPC Hero News Roundup for Friday 9/11/09
September 11, 2009
- We’ve now entered the last quarter of the year – you know, the one packed with all the holidays and shopping days? It’s time to start thinking about and planning seasonal campaigns for clients. Some obvious – and not-so-obvious – dates to mark on your calendar should help get you started.
- New reporting features are always welcome, especially from Yahoo. Their new Ad Delivery Report now shows you where your ads were displayed and performance data on these URLs – all very useful in determining where your traffic is coming from and whether or not it’s qualified.
- In a time of budget reductions you might be wondering where to spend more resources on PPC or SEO? Well, PPC vs SEO looks at the benefits and pitfalls of both, while also looking at why it’s important to let the two tactics feed into each other. If you’re thinking of sacrificing one for the other, be sure to read this first.
- Are you still a little weary about the content network? If you’ve started using it but aren’t really sure what it’s all about check out, Determining Content Network Performance By Placement. The post walks you through how to run a performance report and what to do with the data you find.
- This week SEMPO released a white paper that focuses on mobile search. Or more to the point, it’s time to get serious about mobile search. Greg at Search Engine Land has a great write up and analysis of the report. So, how serious are you right now about mobile search? Got a plan to get serious?
- So, you’ve set up an account within AdCenter but how do you make sure your ads are actually showing on Bing? Here’s the answer! The MSN Crew has provided a new feature called Ad Preview. This tool allows you to view your ads (and your competitor’s ads) without driving up impressions.
- The folks over at Internet Retailer have released the results of a study by the E-Tailing Group suggesting that online shoppers can be influenced to trust, and purchase from, you if you reveal your competitors’ prices– this might be an interesting idea to test and see what effect it has on your PPC conversion rates.
- Just a little reminder about smart account optimization strategy from the ClickZ blog- just doing what’s easy, fun, or intuitive is a costly mistake. Measuring & understanding the true conversion rate of your campaigns is the first step in deciding where to optimize.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.