Blog News Roundup for December 26th
December 26, 2008
- From the Adwords Agency Blog, Quality Score fact of the day states that a few bad performance days from testing is not going to kill your quality score. In fact Google recommends you test your ads and landing pages to see what’s working and what’s not. As long as you delete the non-performers you’ll be okay.
- Search Engine Journal has an interesting post on ways clients can help their PPC agency succeed. Trust, collaboration, and communication are just three of the ways they’ve listed.
- We are always looking for quality content about the Google AdWords Quality Score. One element of the Quality Score that can trip people up is the Landing Page Quality Score. Brad Geddes has written a helpful article at Search Engine Land regarding this topic. Check it out.
- Scott Brinker is my go-to guy for landing page tactics. He has recently written an article over at Search Engine Land about segmenting search users with a 2-step landing page. Great article. Read the entire article here.
- Looking for a great list of PPC resources? SEOmoz published their “big list” of PPC resources last week. While some of our favorites weren’t included on the list, we discovered some new PPC resources. We love new PPC resources.
- Tracking e-commerce in Google Analytics is a great way to ensure you’re generating a great ROI with PPC. The Analytics blog published this post on how to properly track and analyze your e-commerce website’s performance. Good stuff!
- Jeremy has hit the nail on the head with this post on AdWords budget settings. It’s a great reminder of how so many advertisers limit themselves with restrictive budgets or worse yet, improper account settings (i.e. standard vs. accelerated ad delivery).
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.