Blog News Roundup for Friday, May 29, 2009
May 29, 2009
- Do you like to party hard on the holidays? If so you don’t want to miss this excuse for a party from the YSM Blog. Amongst some of the more well known holidays are a myriad of different celebrations that advertisers may use to focus their search campaigns. Personally, I’m looking forward to Ugly Dog Day at the end of June, but I don’t think I have a search campaign that can benefit from it!
- There’s a new search brand in town, Bing! I love that word. It’s so catchy. This new type of search engine or Decision Engine from Microsoft is one of a kind. Steve Ballmer announced the arrival of the new product yesterday at the All Things Digital conference.
- Sonia Simone analyzes how we all lost faith in our ability to make sound financial decisions (hint: it involves carnivals and sea monkeys). Find out how your customers’ lack of faith affects your ROI and how to counteract the doubt with trustworthy, credible content and site structure.
- Weird, but natural I guess- an analysis of how tweeting could compare to PPC . Brian Carter offers an interesting perspective on Twitter and its use in advertising -I haven’t seen it laid out this way before, maybe you haven’t either. Yet another way to think about the possibilities Twitter offers.
- There is nothing like a little myth busting! The folks over at the Post-Click Marketing Blog have created a great list of “best practices” for increasing landing page conversion rates that may not be “best” for you. Successful landing pages boil down to one fact: give users what they want.
- What is a better question in regards to PPC: “What” or “How”? If you ask Greg Meyers at SEM Geek he will tell you to focus son the “What?” So, what the heck does all of this mean? You’ll just have to find out for yourself.
- For almost all PPC campaigns, the debate will come up regarding bidding on branded keywords. If you think the argument can go both ways, read this post from Search Engine Journal. It is a strongly supported argument on the value of bidding on branded keywords.
Browse By Category
10 New Ways to Optimize Paid Search with Call Intelligence
Mobile search drives billions of calls to business each year, and calls convert at a higher rate than digital leads. When properly optimized, calls can have a transformational impact on your bottom line. Join this webinar to learn tactical tips and smart strategies to boost...
Google Adds New Tools to Highlight Physical Store Locations
Buying in-store is still a big deal for shoppers, and Google has announced a few new tools to let physical retailers target those shoppers heading in stores.
Spend Smarter: Identifying Account Opportunities
Explore a method for projecting performance that makes it easier to provide solid budget increase recommendations and alleviates some stress.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Up and Running with AdWords Add-on for Google Sheets
In this article we will set up for the AdWords add-on for Google Sheets. By the end you'll set up your own reports and automate the data gathering portion of your workflow.
Tackling Facebook Ad Disapprovals
Why your Facebook ad is disapproved and what you can do to fix it and avoid future problems.
Easy Steps to Complete a Competitor Analysis
We all want to always stay one step ahead of the competition, and that’s where we want to share our expertise with you.
Load More »