Facebook Ad Reboot
October 11, 2011
So I thought it would be fun to actually re-write an ad, rather than just comment or critique existing ads — show you how I might do it different, or at least what variations I’d consider worth testing. So let’s start with this not-so-interesting ad I found for a rather interesting product:
1) The headline is lame. I bet they could easily test your way to a far more intriguing headline
2) The picture makes good use of the Billboard strategy, but makes crappy use of space for the image
3) The first line of copy is nothing but a collection of less-than-credible, self-applied labels.
And here’s how I’d suggest you change those elements to create a worthwhile split test:
1) I’d steel the “Start Chillin’ from the inside” line from the end of the ad and use it for a headline. Only problem is it’s 5 characters too long. so let’s drop the “Start” and add a question mark: “Chillin’ From the Inside?”
2) Let’s flip the bottle so we can take advantage of the wide-screen picture format to show more of the icicle inside the bottle. This not only shows the product more clearly, but the horizontal bottle points to the ad text, directing the eyes of the viewer where we want them to go.
3) Cut the first line of copy and go with shorter copy length. Or add in a final “See what the critics are saying” CTA.
So here’s what you end up with
So what about you, what might you recommend for a test? Let me know your ideas in the comments section.
Browse By Category
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
A 180 of Google Analytics 360
The enterprise version of Google Analytics offers several paid search perks including, advanced data integrity, integrations and reporting.
It's Not a Circus, it's an Excel Extravaganza!
We’re celebrating a week of Excel, an essential tool in any PPC marketer’s life. In these webinars, Hanapin experts will offer up tools and functions that can make your job easier and more efficient.