Google AdWords Introduces Dynamic Sitelinks
July 25, 2014
On Thursday, Google announced that dynamic sitelinks are now available for your ads in AdWords.
How Do They Work?
Dynamic sitelinks will be automatically placed under your regular ad whenever it seems apparent to Google that the user is looking for a specific product or service that your site provides. The examples that Google gives in the article include if a person is shopping for a TV or planning a trip.
Google admits that dynamic sitelinks will not be shown too often, and they encourage advertisers to continue using regular sitelinks along with leaving the dynamic sitelinks feature on.
Why Should You Use Dynamic Sitelinks?
- Extra Extension To Your Ad – Any added content to your ad copy is helpful according to a case study given here by Hanapin’s Sam Owen, sitelinks may not be clicked on very often, but the presence of sitelinks raises the click-thru rate of your ad.
- Clicks on dynamic sitelinks are starting out as FREE – If users click on the dynamic sitelink in your ad, the click costs you nothing. This in itself is a great reason to begin using dynamic sitelinks, as who doesn’t like free clicks? (Note: If the headline or other extensions are clicked while a dynamic sitelink is present you are still charged)
- Low Effort – Google explains that dynamic sitelinks simplifies campaign management for advertisers, while continuing to ad value to users’ ads. Google automatically generates dynamic sitelinks for your ads unless you decide to opt-out. So, there is no work on your end to go ahead and utilize dynamic sitelinks.
Reporting on Dynamic Sitelinks
The Labs Tab was brought out on April 22, 2014. It is not available to all advertisers on AdWords as of yet, as Google continues to roll this tool out to paid search marketers.
Want to Learn More About Sitelinks and Ad Extensions?
- Hanapin Marketing’s Associate Director of Paid Search, Sam Owen, gives advertisers Everything You Need to Know About PPC Ad Extensions
- Kristina McLane, Account Manager at Hanapin Marketing, explains 5 Different Ways To Approach Sitelinks
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!