Google AdWords Introduces Dynamic Sitelinks
July 25, 2014
On Thursday, Google announced that dynamic sitelinks are now available for your ads in AdWords.
How Do They Work?
Dynamic sitelinks will be automatically placed under your regular ad whenever it seems apparent to Google that the user is looking for a specific product or service that your site provides. The examples that Google gives in the article include if a person is shopping for a TV or planning a trip.
Google admits that dynamic sitelinks will not be shown too often, and they encourage advertisers to continue using regular sitelinks along with leaving the dynamic sitelinks feature on.
Why Should You Use Dynamic Sitelinks?
- Extra Extension To Your Ad – Any added content to your ad copy is helpful according to a case study given here by Hanapin’s Sam Owen, sitelinks may not be clicked on very often, but the presence of sitelinks raises the click-thru rate of your ad.
- Clicks on dynamic sitelinks are starting out as FREE – If users click on the dynamic sitelink in your ad, the click costs you nothing. This in itself is a great reason to begin using dynamic sitelinks, as who doesn’t like free clicks? (Note: If the headline or other extensions are clicked while a dynamic sitelink is present you are still charged)
- Low Effort – Google explains that dynamic sitelinks simplifies campaign management for advertisers, while continuing to ad value to users’ ads. Google automatically generates dynamic sitelinks for your ads unless you decide to opt-out. So, there is no work on your end to go ahead and utilize dynamic sitelinks.
Reporting on Dynamic Sitelinks
It appears that reporting on ads with the dynamic sitelinks can be found in the “Labs Tab” under “Annotations” according to a tweet by Lisa Sanner, PPC Enthusiast from Point It.
The Labs Tab was brought out on April 22, 2014. It is not available to all advertisers on AdWords as of yet, as Google continues to roll this tool out to paid search marketers.
Want to Learn More About Sitelinks and Ad Extensions?
- Hanapin Marketing’s Associate Director of Paid Search, Sam Owen, gives advertisers Everything You Need to Know About PPC Ad Extensions
- Kristina McLane, Account Manager at Hanapin Marketing, explains 5 Different Ways To Approach Sitelinks
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.