New In Bing Extensions: Account Level Ad Extension Management
April 9, 2018
In September of 2017, to help improve campaign management efficiency, Bing Ads announced account level association for ad extensions. Fast-forward to this week, you will now also be able to manage account level ad extension associations from Bing Ads Editor, starting with Callout Extensions. Furthermore, Bing Ads will continue to add support for account level ad extension associations for the remaining ad extensions in future releases. One of those future releases may entail Bing Ads newest extension, the Price Extension.
Let’s start with learning a little more about account level ad extension associations.
Account level association for ad extensions allows you to add and edit ad extensions at the account level. This should shave time during extension implementation and provide consistency across advertising platforms, which Bing has been pushing for some time now. You can now also manage them in Bing Ads Editor.
This specific capability is unique among desktop search marketing tools. Associating ad extensions at the account level ensures that your ad extensions apply automatically to all existing and new campaigns, assisting to hopefully improve performance and return on the existing ads.
Wondering how to associate ad extension shared library to your account in Bing Ads Editor?
To associate an ad extension shared library to your account, click on the Add associations button and choose the option to add account level ad extension and follow the prompts.
- Account level association will be ignored if campaign/ad group level associations exist.
- To see account level associations on the Manager pane grid, you will need to select the Account node on the left Tree view.
- Like Shared libraries, account level ad extension associations are always posted, regardless of whether all campaigns or selected campaigns are being posted.
- If there are errors/warnings on the account level ad extension associations, the error/warning indication will be shown at the account node on the left Tree.
- No error/warning indications are shown at the account node if there are errors/warnings at the Campaign/Ad group level.
As Bing continues to add support for account level ad extension associations for the remaining ad extensions, we can guess that one of those rollouts with be for the newest member, the Price Extension.
With Price Extensions, advertisers can directly show potential customers the product or service they want on Bing Search results. Clicks on Price Extensions can link to your website or a preferred third-party storefront, like Amazon.
Price Extensions are available in the US and will begin to roll out internationally this month. This extension supports a variety of languages, currencies, and options to help advertisers quantify their product prices or units of service.
- Prices used in Price Extensions must be available and visible on the landing page.
- Like Sitelinks, clicks on Price Extensions will be charged the same CPC as clicks on the ad headline.
- Price Extensions can link to a preferred third-party retailer, like Amazon or Walmart.
- Price Extensions serve on all devices and can be shown with other ad extensions, including Sitelinks.
- Description cannot be duplicated in the header. For example, “Women’s haircut” cannot be used for both the header and the description.
- Use the Bing Ads UI or import extensions from AdWords and create them programmatically using the Bing Ads API (Campaign Management or Bulk).
Will the continued rollout of account level ad extension associations, including hopefully in the near future the Price Extension, push you to implement more with your Bing Ads account? What ad extensions to you make sure you always have implemented in your account? Let us know @ppchero!
Browse By Category
4 Tips on Generating Leads for SaaS Clients
SaaS clients have a stereotype of moving really fast and want quick results. Here are 4 of my top tips on how to generate paid search leads through AdWords.
Why You Should Be Using Facebook Canvas Ads
Explore four reasons why you should test canvas ads on Facebook.
The Future of Ad Copy in an AI World
In this webinar, AdFury’s Christopher Hoover and Hanapin’s Lauren Rosner will discuss the hot topic of AI and what the future could look like when automation becomes more and more popular in our industry – the good, the bad, and the challenging.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Reasons to Not Use an Automated PPC Bidding Strategy
There are so many situations when it is a good idea to test out PPC Bidding Strategies on campaigns. In this article, we are going to discuss different reasons why you might want to avoid using automated bid strategies.
Take the 2018 State of PPC Survey!
We're looking for marketers to take our State of PPC survey! The survey takes about 5 minutes to complete and establishes benchmarks, identify trends, and helps marketers around the world understand what's working and what's not in PPC.
How To Avoid Overlap Between Multiple Similar PPC Accounts
Get tips on how to avoid overlap between multiple similar PPC accounts and start becoming more effective at running ads for multiple or related brands.