Microsoft adCenter Gets An Upgrade!
June 28, 2011
“Never complain when someone tries to help you. It doesn’t mean you can’t do it yourself, it’s just making it easier.”
My fiancé likes to say this to me when I get upset at him for trying to help me do things I want to do by myself (like move a heavy box, grab something off the top shelf, etc.). Great advice, right? Keeping that in mind, Microsoft adCenter has made another move to make things easier on the PPC manager for adCenter accounts!
According to Yahoo! Advertising Solutions, Microsoft adCenter is seeing a new round of upgrades this week that include:
- Radius Targeting: Target users using relevant business information and an interactive map within a radius of 5-100 miles. Also new additions to geo-location report, direct access to this feature from Campaigns tab, and other targeting improvements.
- Alerts: Color-coded flags will now appear in the upper left-hand corner of the adCenter screen to alert the account manager to any issues within the account. Flags are either red (critical alert) or yellow (non-critical alert) and are accessible from any tab in adCenter.
- Quality Score Optimization: The desktop tool now allows you to view quality score data, create advanced filters and bulk update keywords based on that data.
- Improved Campaign Budgeting: The account will automatically calculate a monthly budget for you when you set up campaigns with a daily budget amount.
So what’s the moral of the story? You could calculate your own monthly budget after setting up a daily budget campaign and you could find out if there’s a critical billing issue in your account without some of these updates, but they will certainly make life that much easier! So get out of adCenter’s way and let it help you, but don’t tell my fiancé that I said he gives good advice. I’ll never hear the end of it…
What do you think about the adCenter upgrades? Do you see yourself using them often or are you so used to doing some of it on your own it will be hard to remember the shortcut assists? Share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section below!
For further information about this topic, check out the following links:
- Microsoft adCenter Upgrades-Yahoo! Advertising Solutions
- Announcing the June 2011 Microsoft Advertising adCenter Upgrade-adCenter Blog
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more news updates from PPC Hero!
Browse By Category
The Focused Event You've Been Searching For
We at Hanapin Marketing recognize the incredible pace of change in the digital advertising industry and are constantly learning in order to keep up with the newest updates, platforms, and rollouts.
A Closer Look at AdWords Smart Bidding
Take a closer look at 4 of the newest smart bidding options in AdWords. Save some time this holiday season by trying them out for yourself!
A Guide to Remarketing in the SteelHouse Advertising Suite
Looking for remarketing alternatives to AdWords, DoubleClick, AdRoll or Criteo? Consider the SteelHouse Advertising Suite!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
6 Tips For Efficient Facebook Advertising
Looking for ways to become more efficient with your Facebook advertising? Here are 6 easy tips that will help!
Promotion Extensions: A Quick And Easy Boost For Ecommerce PPC Campaigns
Google’s new promotion extension is on its way to becoming one of the best ad extensions in an ecommerce PPC advertiser’s toolbox.
5 Lessons I've Learned (the hard way) in CRO
New to Conversion Rate Optimization? Learn 7 lessons from an experienced CRO Manager today!