Mobile-Focused Display Ads Coming
September 30, 2014
Have you had troubles with your display ads showing on mobile devices? As advertisers we have been hearing for a long time about how mobile is the future, and how we need to move our focus toward advertising on mobile devices. However, the resources for mobile have just not been the same as the resources we have on desktop, especially on the Display Network.
Well, in the coming weeks we can expect some changes that will help us reach the audience we want to reach via mobile devices. AdWords explained that display ads built for mobile devices are coming.
The features that come with this update include:
- Brand ads built for mobile and resized for any screen. These Engagement Ads will be available in the AdWords Ad Gallery soon. They are made to run seamlessly across devices and screens. These ads are created through HTML5 automatically by using your brand assets.
- Video Ads for the AdMob Network. These video ads have been available previously, but they will be rolling out across more apps in AdMob. If the video is skipped then you do not pay for these video ads.
- New Anchor Ad Format. This new format will make your advertisement stay on the bottom of the users screen as they scroll, rather than moving along with the scroll (which we all know has had it’s fair share of issues).
- Magazine Style Text Ad Format. This is a style that was launched in order for mobile websites. Now, AdWords has allowed advertisers to format their text ads similar to a mobile websites’ format as seen below:
- Tools to make existing ads mobile ready. AdWords will now have tools available to help with mobile advertising in display. Examples of these tools include: automatic mobile sizes for image ads, interactive HTML5 backups for when flash is not supported, and easy-to-use tool for uploading current creative assets into a pre-built rich media ad template that creates ads for mobile devices.
Want to learn more about mobile advertising?
- Senior Account Manager, Matt Umbro, explained how to prepare for the mobile ad update (Only using Description Line One , Kevin Klein).
- Guest writer, Adam Lundquist, wrote on how to go about advertising on mobile without a mobile website.
- Matt Umbro also wrote on how you can write better ads for your mobile audience.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.