Morning Clicks: Bing Releases New Device Targeting, Auto Tagging, Google Makes Mobile Ad Changes, and more
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Bing released some big news this past week. They decided Google had it right all along, and now plan to release what Google AdWords describes as “Enhanced Campaigns” in order to make transitioning AdWords campaigns to Bing Ads easier. [PPC Hero].
- Bing also released an Auto Tagging feature inside the interface for Google Analytics! Finally! [Clix Marketing]
- A recent study came out that Google is losing shares in the Mobile Ad market [Search Engine Land]
- This study may have been what triggered Google to focus on Mobile Ads this past week, as they now allow advertisers to show larger Image Ads in Mobile Apps [Righteous Marketing]
- Google also focused on keeping their Ads user-friendly, as Google now warns the Mobile user when a URL redirects them to the Home page [Search Engine Land]
- Google’s battle in the UK continued this week, as Google looks to add “right to be forgotten” censorship to search result pages [The Guardian]
- In the Social Media advertising world, you can now target people who clicked your search ads on Facebook [Ad Age]
- eBay at it again as they come up with a study that “proves” search engine ads have no benefits [The Guardian]
- Pinterest is joining the pay per click advertising party with “promoted pins” [The Wall Street Journal]
And the latest from PPC Hero:
- Growing the PPC Community
- New AdWords Scripts For Your MCC! Powerful Analytics Meets Simplicity
- New Webinar with Google! Three Next-Level Strategies for eCommerce PPC
- Optimize Bids by Weather Using AdWords Scripts
Browse By Category
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!
A 180 of Google Analytics 360
The enterprise version of Google Analytics offers several paid search perks including, advanced data integrity, integrations and reporting.