Morning Clicks: Bing Releases New Device Targeting, Auto Tagging, Google Makes Mobile Ad Changes, and more
June 11, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Bing released some big news this past week. They decided Google had it right all along, and now plan to release what Google AdWords describes as “Enhanced Campaigns” in order to make transitioning AdWords campaigns to Bing Ads easier. [PPC Hero].
- Bing also released an Auto Tagging feature inside the interface for Google Analytics! Finally! [Clix Marketing]
- A recent study came out that Google is losing shares in the Mobile Ad market [Search Engine Land]
- This study may have been what triggered Google to focus on Mobile Ads this past week, as they now allow advertisers to show larger Image Ads in Mobile Apps [Righteous Marketing]
- Google also focused on keeping their Ads user-friendly, as Google now warns the Mobile user when a URL redirects them to the Home page [Search Engine Land]
- Google’s battle in the UK continued this week, as Google looks to add “right to be forgotten” censorship to search result pages [The Guardian]
- In the Social Media advertising world, you can now target people who clicked your search ads on Facebook [Ad Age]
- eBay at it again as they come up with a study that “proves” search engine ads have no benefits [The Guardian]
- Pinterest is joining the pay per click advertising party with “promoted pins” [The Wall Street Journal]
And the latest from PPC Hero:
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.