PPC Hero News Roundup For 10/2/09
- This week on Search Engine Watch, Tim Ash debunks the myth of achieving perfect conversion. Keeping this in mind, you may be able to analyze and revisit your conversion rate “ceiling.” You can’t convert 100% of your visitors, because some of them, no matter what you do, may never be prepared to take action.
- Even if you have keyword-rich ads and immaculately-structured campaigns, you have to mind your Ps and Qs – your landing pages and their quality. If you’ve neglected this area and your landing page is below Google’s standards, they’re going to know, and they’re not going to like it.
- At the end of the day, it often comes down to numbers – particularly conversion. Stoney deGeyter at Search Engine Guide offers a post on 7 Steps to Improving Conversion Rates – something any PPC manager would find useful and every PPC client would like to see!
- Are you running PPC campaigns for a pharmaceutical company? If so you might want to check all of your ads for disapprovals in Google. Sounds like many of these companies saw decreases in traffic due to disapproved ads not meeting FDA guidelines in which caused a 59% decrease in sponsored link exposures.
- Running display ads in Google? Arnold from Search Engine Journal has a post on this “view through conversion tracking tool” in order to track users who have ‘viewed’ your display ad but made their action several days later or even a month later through some other form.
- A list of tools you can use to analyze how people view your site and other useful tools for site improvement from Bryan Eisenberg…some interesting ideas I’d never considered for testing various elements of your page here.
- Want people to buy your stuff? Convince them that you’re credible! Basically people want to know you’re not going to take their credit card and charge an amazing Caribbean vacation for yourself and six friends on it. Or charge them $150 for something they could have made for $3 with stuff from K-Mart. Anyway: establish web credibility. Tad Chef will help show you how.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!