PPC Hero News Roundup For 10/2/09
October 2, 2009
- This week on Search Engine Watch, Tim Ash debunks the myth of achieving perfect conversion. Keeping this in mind, you may be able to analyze and revisit your conversion rate “ceiling.” You can’t convert 100% of your visitors, because some of them, no matter what you do, may never be prepared to take action.
- Even if you have keyword-rich ads and immaculately-structured campaigns, you have to mind your Ps and Qs – your landing pages and their quality. If you’ve neglected this area and your landing page is below Google’s standards, they’re going to know, and they’re not going to like it.
- At the end of the day, it often comes down to numbers – particularly conversion. Stoney deGeyter at Search Engine Guide offers a post on 7 Steps to Improving Conversion Rates – something any PPC manager would find useful and every PPC client would like to see!
- Are you running PPC campaigns for a pharmaceutical company? If so you might want to check all of your ads for disapprovals in Google. Sounds like many of these companies saw decreases in traffic due to disapproved ads not meeting FDA guidelines in which caused a 59% decrease in sponsored link exposures.
- Running display ads in Google? Arnold from Search Engine Journal has a post on this “view through conversion tracking tool” in order to track users who have ‘viewed’ your display ad but made their action several days later or even a month later through some other form.
- A list of tools you can use to analyze how people view your site and other useful tools for site improvement from Bryan Eisenberg…some interesting ideas I’d never considered for testing various elements of your page here.
- Want people to buy your stuff? Convince them that you’re credible! Basically people want to know you’re not going to take their credit card and charge an amazing Caribbean vacation for yourself and six friends on it. Or charge them $150 for something they could have made for $3 with stuff from K-Mart. Anyway: establish web credibility. Tad Chef will help show you how.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.