PPC Hero News Roundup For 9/18/09
September 18, 2009
- Bill Slawski posted a link this week to Analyzing and Evaluating Query Reformulation Strategies in Web Search Logs – this is a paper written by researchers from the University of Washington. In his post, A Taxonomy of Rewriting Search Terms, Slawski outlines a few highlights from the paper – a very interesting read!
- If only we could dress our PPC ads in bright orange – RevenueWire posted this week on How to Make Your PPC Marketing Stand Out in a Crowd. The post offers what questions you need to ask yourself and how you can research others to make yourself better.
- If you have 9 minutes and 50 seconds to spare, check out this tutorial on Google’s now month-old feature, the Bid Simulator. It caused some confusion when it first launched, as many thought Google just wanted people to bid higher for keywords. But as Google’s Chief Economist Hal Varian thoroughly explains in the video, this isn’t exactly the case.
- Like most bosses, if one of your clients’ stats tanks you are expected to fill in all the nitty gritty details of how, when, what and why something happened. This post on Search Engine Guide goes through the best way to diagnose problems using Google Analytics. Tom gives several tips on how to find what is causing the problem with detailed screen shots.
- Check out these retail industry insights from Simone Schuurer from the MSN Adcenter Blog. In this post Simone talks about specific industries and when their peak traffic times are for PPC. Some of the industries she speaks of are finance, travel, entertainment, home furnishings and appliances and motoring.
- Erin Skinner at ROI Revolution has a couple of quick tips re: how to use Google Analytics to focus your geotargeting efforts. Definitely worth looking into and trying if you’re not geotargeting now…
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.