PPC Hero News Roundup for Friday 8/21/2009
August 21, 2009
- The team at Inside AdWords had an intriguing post this week. There’s been some research done lately on how much conversion rates vary with ad position. The results may surprise you.
- Want to optimize your PPC landing page, but aren’t exactly sure where you should begin? Search Engine Watch has a handy list of seven optimization tips to help increase conversions, which includes such great suggestions as, “Don’t be loud.”
- It’s been proven that searches in MSN/Bing are leaning towards more bargain deals over high prices luxury items. In this post Libby Thomas gives some pointers on increasing your click-through rates just by putting prices or bargain deals in your ad text. She says you can also use ‘cheap’, ‘inexpensive’, etc in your keyword list if that represents your products.
- Amanda from Portent Interactive has a good post on drawing emotion to your target audience to get them to make purchases online. She talks about writing ads and advertising messages as if you were writing a greeting card. She also mentions you can’t reach the entire online population so narrow down your audience so you can write specific, targeted messages just for them.
- Galen DeYoung, over at Search Engine Land posted Tips for Turning Unintended Traffic Into Ambassadors. DeYoung does not mean unqualified traffic, rather, he discusses how you can identify streams of related traffic, identify what you can you do to lower the bounce rate and then how to engage these visitors as potential ambassadors of your product or service.
- Marketing Pilgrim posted a study that claims Smaller Ads Work Better Online. The study was release by the advertising research firm Dynamic Logic says that if the creative quality of the ad is the same then the size of the ad can have significant influence. In the test, white, simple Flash ads performed the worst.
- Hey. If you’re new to PPC advertising, there’s fantastic news: not everyone else is! This means you get to learn from their mistakes and try not to make the same. Don’t be the kid who licks the light pole on a 6 degree day; let someone else do it first.
- Does no mean no? Maybe not. Nathan Hangen describes what a “no” from your prospective customers might really mean, and how to get past it to your sale.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.