PPC News Round Up for May 1, 2009
May 1, 2009
Happy Friday everyone … More importantly, happy May! I hope that all these April showers are over and the May flowers are upon us. That might be an Indiana saying, as I doubt if you’re in Florida you’ve ever heard of these ‘seasons’. I digress, and I move on to this weeks roundup.
- Writing ads can always be a challenge. What do you focus on? How do you word your messages? Does it make your ad stand out against the (ever-growing) competition? ShoeMoney has a message for you: Sell your benefits, not your features!
- If you had an issue with Google Analytics not showing proper Content Data reports at times, take notice – they’re fixed. Search Engine Roundtable has the details.
- We all know that one of the less glamorous features of the job is writing copy for your clients – more specifically, product descriptions *shudders*. In all seriousness, this is a key component to your SEO (you all do it, don’t lie) efforts. Portent Interactive has some tips to help you avoid going crazy.
- Swine Flu! Bacon! Pig Pandemics! Hey, what do ya know, people are taking advantage of the pork popularity and targeting Swine Flu related keywords for PPC. Gordon Choi has the scoop.
- A couple weeks ago, we noted part two of Analytics and AdWords tips and tricks from the AdWords blog. Well, here’s part three and part four.
- Facebook looks like it is going to use Facebook Connect to build an ad network for participating sites, according to WebProNews. Makes sense, as Connect continues to gain steam and popularity.
- Avinash Kaushik gives us the details on visitors and analytics. Read on, as his insights are of great help when digging around your various analytics tools.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.