PPC News Roundup for May 29, 2009
- Ever think about the future of search marketing in a social web world? Kerstin Baker-Ash has written an intriguing article discussing current pitfalls in utilizing paid advertising on social networks. While the current advertising situation isn’t the greatest, she’s optimistic that as the social platforms evolve, their ad targeting will improve and thus paid advertising results will see greater results.
- Gordon Choi’s recent post is an insightful look at Yahoo!’s lackluster product offerings for advertisers who target PPC on a global scale. He explains the hoops advertisers have to jump through when creating a new account for each and every country. Gordon’s opinion is that Yahoo! has a lot of work to do to make this process more accessible for advertisers.
- Try not to make this mistake! An advertiser on Google tried using the dynamic keyword insertion feature, but didn’t quite utilize it correctly as Scott Clark mentions. Lesson learned, make sure you double check your PPC accounts for silly errors, or it could cost you some big ones!
- Giovanna at SEO Book has posted what she learned at PPC Summit. For example: how to battle expensive keywords; better Google tools and the content network; consider Microsoft, and brief caution. This is a good re-cap, and you just might learn something from what she learned!
- The constant search to write better copy continues! And Kenneth at Mind Valley Labs has written an excellent article, “3 Ways to Use the Letter ‘S’ to Sex up Headlines, Body Copy and Bullets.” This is a short, sweet article on how to sex-up your copy. And there is no one magic bullet that can make you a better writer, but every little piece of information helps!
Browse By Category
Seven insights hiding in Google’s new Christmas shopping research
In December 2017, Google released a set of statistics about the Christmas shopping season. Use these insights in AdWords to make this your best December ever.
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.