PPC News Roundup for May 29, 2009
May 29, 2008
- Ever think about the future of search marketing in a social web world? Kerstin Baker-Ash has written an intriguing article discussing current pitfalls in utilizing paid advertising on social networks. While the current advertising situation isn’t the greatest, she’s optimistic that as the social platforms evolve, their ad targeting will improve and thus paid advertising results will see greater results.
- Gordon Choi’s recent post is an insightful look at Yahoo!’s lackluster product offerings for advertisers who target PPC on a global scale. He explains the hoops advertisers have to jump through when creating a new account for each and every country. Gordon’s opinion is that Yahoo! has a lot of work to do to make this process more accessible for advertisers.
- Try not to make this mistake! An advertiser on Google tried using the dynamic keyword insertion feature, but didn’t quite utilize it correctly as Scott Clark mentions. Lesson learned, make sure you double check your PPC accounts for silly errors, or it could cost you some big ones!
- Giovanna at SEO Book has posted what she learned at PPC Summit. For example: how to battle expensive keywords; better Google tools and the content network; consider Microsoft, and brief caution. This is a good re-cap, and you just might learn something from what she learned!
- The constant search to write better copy continues! And Kenneth at Mind Valley Labs has written an excellent article, “3 Ways to Use the Letter ‘S’ to Sex up Headlines, Body Copy and Bullets.” This is a short, sweet article on how to sex-up your copy. And there is no one magic bullet that can make you a better writer, but every little piece of information helps!
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.