PPC News Roundup for April 16, 2008
April 16, 2008
- Can your landing page copy have too much urgency? Can you scare unqualified traffic with urgent calls-to-action? According to an article posted at PPC-Advice, this very well could be the case. Their hypothesis is that your audience may not be to be told “Buy Now” or “Add to Cart” if they want more time to read your copy, and make their own decision. I think a blend could be developed of providing great copy to those users who choose to read, and an unmistakable call-to-action to those are ready to act now!
- If you’re a paid search marketer, you’re a direct response marketer, and you have something to learn from marketing strategies of roaring 1920s – at least according to Alan Rimm-Kaufman’s article at Search Engine Land. What can we learn from those guys back in the 20s? Here is a short summary: 1. your trumps everything; 2. your offer trumps your copy; 3. response lists trump demographic lists. What does all of this mean? Read Alan’s article and to find out. Very interesting stuff.
- Shimon Sandler writes about Keyword Segments within the Conversion Funnel; how and what these keywords look like and what they’re used for. Awareness, Consideration and Purchasing are the basic elements.
- Content ads with positions of 5 or lower may begin to generate more impressions and clicks. AdSense ad units now have a previous/next button so that users can scroll through ads. This will be a development worth keeping an eye on.
- Learn about PPC success from 1930’s direct mail? That’s exactly what a recent article on SE Land had to say. It’s a great read, and an even better reminder that some of the best marketing tactics have been around a long time!
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.