PPC News Roundup for April 17, 2007
April 17, 2007
- Has your performance dropped on MSN significantly within the past 24 hours? Check our Webmaster World for any developments (we haven’t noticed any decrease in performance yet).
- Brad Geddes at ewhisper.net talks about strategies to lower your minimum bids
- This blogger noticed a single advertiser hogging up to four paid search ads in the Google SERPs. All of the ads were aimed at the same destination URL with the same product listings, etc. How did this slip through the cracks?
- PPC Discussions offers a nice rebuttal to an article posted on SELand. The originating post stated that it was a good practice to take your lousy content away from SEO and instead use it for PPC. This simply isn’t the case anymore. Great content on PPC landing pages is just as important (just think about Quality Scores!).
- Everyone in the SEM industry is trying to find some reason to accept or reject Google’s purchase of Double Click. This post describes how it could prompt a resurgence in banner advertising.
- According to a post at SERoundtable, the first reports of Google’s Pay-Per-Action beta test are in. While the set-up was easy for both publishers and advertisers, thus far they haven’t seen any positive results.
- MSN adcenter is now falling in line with the other big boys by announcing their Quality Score initiative. The criteria for their Quality Score appears to be similar to Adwords and Yahoo but we’ll see this affects our performance.
- Brad Geddes at ewhisper.net gives great advice on action words to increase CTR & Conversions
Browse By Category
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.