PPC News Roundup for April 3, 2009
April 3, 2009
I hope you all enjoyed or at least survived the tomfoolery that permeates the interwebs every April 1st. I found most of the jokes to be fairly weak, but I did enjoy reddits “redesign”, aka “reddigg”. There were some other good ones, but I don’t really care to remember them. Aprils a good month, so I thought I would give it props with another dosage of the weekly PPC news roundup. Enjoy!
- We’re gonna start off with a double dose from the Yahoo! blog. First, they’re now on Twitter. You know the routine – follow, get updates, hopefully ask questions and get them answered, those sorts of things. Everybody’s doing it!
- Next up, Yahoo! answers 6 questions from recent webinars regarding Ad Optimization. Nothing ground-breaking or monumental here, but helpful advice nonetheless.
- Stoney deGeyter from Search Engine Guide was kind enough to piece together 61 links from his blog to form a handy-dandy listing of questions to ask of your search marketing efforts, for both in-house and outsourced campaigns.
- According to the Post-Click Marketing blog, there are 4 kinds of tests you should run for your landing pages. Testing is good. Testing your landing pages is better.
- A huge aspect of PPC is communicating with your clients and making them happy. Typically, this involves making them money. SemGeek outlines a detailed plan for working with your clients.
- If you use Firefox, check out GA Notes, an addon that allows you to add notes to your Google Analytics accounts. Oh yeah, and you can export said notes as well.
- We here at PPC Hero do not condone using these black hat PPC techniques. However, you should be aware of them in case they are ever used against you. Search Marketing Gurus has the scoop from a Black Hat session from SES NY.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.