PPC News Roundup for August 13, 2008
August 13, 2008
- Does your PPC campaign have seasonal highs and lows? Do you wonder how to optimize for these peaks and valleys? If so, the folks over at Pay Per Click Journal have some advice on preparing for seasonal highs and lows. Certainly, if you see your campaign having a peak Christmas season or something of this nature, this blog post will help you optimize your budget accordingly.
- Commonplace throughout the Internet, phishing attempts to hijack your accounts and personal information are a threat to be well aware of. This is no different with your Google AdWords accounts. Matt Fritz over at ROI Revolution has some handy tips to avoid having your account accessed by unauthorized parties. Taking precautions against phishing is always a good idea by our book.
- Is the Google Quality Score really killing your keywords? If you seem to think so then check out Brad Geddes post on Search Engine Land. Brad gives you five steps on how to determine exactly what the problem is concerning quality score, then he goes into his recommendations on how to fix the problem.
- Jeremy Mays from PPC Discussionshas a post on the new Google content network features coming out soon. Some of the features include a frequency capping that allows you to control how many times a user sees your ad within a certain period of time. Pretty cool stuff!
- A few news sources have broadcast that Google will be enhancing their content network distribution. A large numberof PPC managers steer clear of the content network but we feel that if you manage your content campaign smartly, you can generate great results! These changes will be giving you even more tools to be even more successful on the Google content network.
- The quest for higher converting landing pages never ends. We are alwayslooking for new ways to test our conversion rate to see where new opportunities may be hiding. Anna at Post-Click Marketing Blog suggests using rich media on your landing pages. Obviously, her suggestion isn’t for everyone, but it could be worth considering.
- Google declares bankruptcy! Well, okay maybe. This is an entertaining piece of speculative search marketing fiction. But, obviously, Rimm Kaufmann is using satire to present his opinion about the Google AdWords Quality Score.
- You’ve heard the term “Keep it Simple, Stupid”, haven’t you? It’s easy to get caught up in cool landing page design elements and forget how going too far can affect not only load time but quality score, too. This article, featured in Web Marketing Today, reminds us to keep landing pages small, simple and static. Result? Improve your quality score and stretch your marketing dollars even further.
- If you like taking a dive into the uber-statistical, there’s a great post at the Rimm-Kaufman blog how spending more money on PPC doesn’t always bring proportionate value (diminishing returns, etc.). Take the time to reallyread this article and examine the graphs, it’s well worth the effort.
- “Nurture your own culture of experimentation and enjoy the results.” In the Post Click Marketing Blog universe, this means experimenting by adding social elements to B2B lead generation. My favorite ideas came from the section on whitepapers. First, they recommend trying emailing the whitepaper as opposed to offering up a download. Secondly, they recommend including links or buttons in the PDF so that readers have the opportunity to come to your site and become an active participant in blogs or forums and inch them ever closer to a sale.
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.