PPC News Roundup for August 27, 2008
August 27, 2008
- SEOmoz presents headsmacker tip #6 – Test with Paid Search Before You Target with SEO. This concise post is a nice refresher in the relationship between your PPC and SEO efforts, offering some good tips and insight.
- We are always interested in the exact relationship between keywords and search results. Darren Slaten posted this interesting experiment over at YOUmoz, in an attempt to decipher Google’s secrets about this relationship. Interesting stuff!
- Haven’t heard about the new updates on Google AdWords content network yet? Joseph Vivola has a nice post on what the updates and new features are, and what it will mean to advertisers.
- Check out the new version of Google checkout on search engine land. Apparently Google is testing this new version which allows you to put promotional offers in the actual badge versus the original badge.
- You’ve probably been wondering how search marketing analysts feel about sports analysts. Or maybe you haven’t. Regardless, Greg over at SEM Geek has written an insightful post about what search analysts can learn from sports broadcasters. The over arching theme, you can’t judge your business on a single statistic and you need to maintain a steady performance.
- Is Google AdWords downgrading “great” quality scores to “ok” quality scores? This is something to look out for within your PPC campaigns. You can check out the information over at Seach Engine Round Table.
- If you’re saving reports in Google AdWords Report Center and some of those reports are 6 months old or older, beware! Nathania Johnson at SearchEngineWatch.com tells us that reports dated March 2, 2008 or older will be automatically deleted by Google. She reminds us that the data itself won’t be gone, just our saved reports. If you’ve got reports you want to keep, better export them to Excel now!
- Here’s a chance to win full conference tickets to the upcoming PPC Summit in Los Angeles. Just submit the Top 3 Search Engine Marketing techniques that increased your conversions and results here: http://www.ppcsummit.com/contest.php for your chance to win.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.