PPC News Roundup for August 6, 2008
August 6, 2008
- We all know the pains associated with broad match keywords that may have no relation to what you are actually targeting in your PPC campaigns. The folks over at PPC-Advice.com offer up some useful strategies to counter this issue. We typically employ negative keywords as the weapon against these broad match keywords. This post outlines what negative keywords are useful and what aren’t.
- Ever wonder why the keywords of the company you are advertising for obtain a ‘poor’ quality score from Google, even if the keywords are extremely relevant to your campaign? Jeff Hudson from The PPC Book outlines his conversation with a Google rep explaining this conundrum. In a nutshell, organic search results can adversely affect your company keywords.
- Search Engine Roundtable reports that Barry over at Search Engine Land reports that Google is launching a new tool called Google insights for search. Ahh, that’s a mouthful! The new tool supposedly gives advertisers insight into user behavior. The metrics included are geo-graphical data comparable to Google Analytics, time trending and news headlines.
- Is there hope for Google placements asks Joe Vivolo from KOMarketing Associates. Joe discusses the new Adwords interface where your keywords, placements and content network stats are all on one tab now. He poses the question of what are the benefits of the new placements talks about improvements he’d like to see.
- With pay-per-click advertising, it’s so tempting to jump in and tweak your ad copy and bid amounts the minute you see results that don’t please you. This post, at Pay Per Click Journal, offers a great explanation of why it’s a better idea to test your advertising over time than to constantly tweak it.
- This week, the adCenter Community blog shares 5 tips for improving landing page relevancy. All 5 tips are excellent best-practices for PPC advertisers. My favorite? “Applicability of Search.” Your ads have to match your landing page and vice versa!
- What’s a good click-through-rate? Yahoo! asked that question this week, and I love them for it. It’s a common question, and it has a truly ambiguous answer. “The highest possible click-through rate may work for some-but it doesn’t work for all.” Think of CTR of just one indicator of your ad’s overall performance, not the entire picture!
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.