PPC News Roundup for December 12th, 2008
The holiday season is quickly approaching. As I am still in Grad School (done in May, whew!), I have the pleasure of taking a two week break to visit my family and vacation. I hope the rest of you enjoy the holidays as well. Here’s the roundup for this week.
- Scott Brinker over at the Post-Click Marketing blog has written a very interesting article on search marketing continuity. The essence of search marketing continuity is that continuity is a function of expectations, implicit and explicit combined.
- Monopolies are bad in general. However, Rand at SEO Moz has broken down why a monopoly is particularly bad for the search marketing industry. This is a cautionary tale because as much as we love Google, they shouldn’t be the only choice for search marketers to generate great results.
- The CLM Blog announced 4 tools to cure PPC “timesucks” last week. These tools are for keyword expansion and can speed up your processes by creating keyword permutations, adding match types and even cleaning up bid and match type indicators from your keywords!
- Text ad clones. Scary stuff, for sure. SEMvironment offers helpful advice for differentiating your ads smartly to stand out from your competitors.
- If you do a lot of analytics work and are wondering what might be the next step in your career, Avinash Kaushik has a thoughtful post about some potential options. It is in-depth and useful, so take a peek!
- Need a hefty amount of reading material on Web Analytics? I found some more for you. Visual Revenue did me a favor by compiling the 27 most popular Web Analytics blog posts of 2008. Who doesn’t love the best “insert subject here” of “insert year here” lists?
- So you’ve got a lot of traffic, but want to increase conversions. Stoney deGeyter gives his take on how to do it.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!