PPC News Roundup for December 12th, 2008
The holiday season is quickly approaching. As I am still in Grad School (done in May, whew!), I have the pleasure of taking a two week break to visit my family and vacation. I hope the rest of you enjoy the holidays as well. Here’s the roundup for this week.
- Scott Brinker over at the Post-Click Marketing blog has written a very interesting article on search marketing continuity. The essence of search marketing continuity is that continuity is a function of expectations, implicit and explicit combined.
- Monopolies are bad in general. However, Rand at SEO Moz has broken down why a monopoly is particularly bad for the search marketing industry. This is a cautionary tale because as much as we love Google, they shouldn’t be the only choice for search marketers to generate great results.
- The CLM Blog announced 4 tools to cure PPC “timesucks” last week. These tools are for keyword expansion and can speed up your processes by creating keyword permutations, adding match types and even cleaning up bid and match type indicators from your keywords!
- Text ad clones. Scary stuff, for sure. SEMvironment offers helpful advice for differentiating your ads smartly to stand out from your competitors.
- If you do a lot of analytics work and are wondering what might be the next step in your career, Avinash Kaushik has a thoughtful post about some potential options. It is in-depth and useful, so take a peek!
- Need a hefty amount of reading material on Web Analytics? I found some more for you. Visual Revenue did me a favor by compiling the 27 most popular Web Analytics blog posts of 2008. Who doesn’t love the best “insert subject here” of “insert year here” lists?
- So you’ve got a lot of traffic, but want to increase conversions. Stoney deGeyter gives his take on how to do it.
Browse By Category
Stop Using Google's First Page Estimates to Set Your Bids
Google's First Page Bid Estimates can't be trusted. Adjust your bid strategy based on average position and not using this metric.
Your Guide to Getting Organized for PPC Success
Organization is key to success in the PPC industry. Here is a guide to organizing your space, time, resources, and workload for efficient PPC management.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
A Reminder About Work-Life Balance
Proper Work-Life Balance Is Something Easily Forgotten. Here Is A Reminder That It's Okay To Have A Life Outside Of Work & Constantly Checking Performance.
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.