PPC News Roundup for December 12th, 2008
December 12, 2008
The holiday season is quickly approaching. As I am still in Grad School (done in May, whew!), I have the pleasure of taking a two week break to visit my family and vacation. I hope the rest of you enjoy the holidays as well. Here’s the roundup for this week.
- Scott Brinker over at the Post-Click Marketing blog has written a very interesting article on search marketing continuity. The essence of search marketing continuity is that continuity is a function of expectations, implicit and explicit combined.
- Monopolies are bad in general. However, Rand at SEO Moz has broken down why a monopoly is particularly bad for the search marketing industry. This is a cautionary tale because as much as we love Google, they shouldn’t be the only choice for search marketers to generate great results.
- The CLM Blog announced 4 tools to cure PPC “timesucks” last week. These tools are for keyword expansion and can speed up your processes by creating keyword permutations, adding match types and even cleaning up bid and match type indicators from your keywords!
- Text ad clones. Scary stuff, for sure. SEMvironment offers helpful advice for differentiating your ads smartly to stand out from your competitors.
- If you do a lot of analytics work and are wondering what might be the next step in your career, Avinash Kaushik has a thoughtful post about some potential options. It is in-depth and useful, so take a peek!
- Need a hefty amount of reading material on Web Analytics? I found some more for you. Visual Revenue did me a favor by compiling the 27 most popular Web Analytics blog posts of 2008. Who doesn’t love the best “insert subject here” of “insert year here” lists?
- So you’ve got a lot of traffic, but want to increase conversions. Stoney deGeyter gives his take on how to do it.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.