PPC News Roundup for December 19, 2007
December 19, 2007
- Previously in MSN’s adCenter, you had to control your spending through a monthly budget. With a recent set of updates, it is now possible to set both a daily and maximum monthly budget. Thank you MSN!
- The PPC Blog provided this list of 13 Pay Per Click Myths. This list does a great job of breaking down some of the most common misperceptions, such as: the need to rank #1, the Content Network and Broad Match are bad, and there is only one search engine (Google). This is definitely a must-read.
- Do you advertise outside of the US? Last week the Search Insider wrote about 3 stepping stones to global B2B search marketing. Their suggestions were to try Google PPC ads to determine effective markets, try using local languages in your ads and finally to break out of the search mold and try regional search engines!
- Have an e-commerce site and want more revenue? Read Traffick’s post on how a Canadian e-commerce website increases their revenue by ‘oozing’ credibility, having a great selection of products and can get you your order fast!.
- Adam Green from SeoMoz talks about some new features of Google Adwords and Analytics. Some include but are not limited to new geo-targeting with Google maps and a revised keyword tool that shows the highest volume month for a particular keyword.
- This is a great post on why you shouldn’t focus on being in top ad positions if you’re a small business competing in the PPC world. Two articles are written about making a profit with high cost-per-click and one with lower cost-per-click.
- I can’t lie: MSN adCenter is my least favorite PPC interface. It’s not intuitive; the reporting is clunky; and overall it’s inefficient. However, at least they are making their bulk upload feature a bit easier-to-use. If you’re looking to re-vamp or open a new adCenter account, this is a good read.
- This is a very interesting article from SEMGeek: Why are companies giving up on SEO and forcing PPC? Of course, we focus on paid search, but any successful SEM program will include SEO as well. If you’re struggling with your SEO, this is a necessary read.
Browse By Category
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.