- Previously in MSN’s adCenter, you had to control your spending through a monthly budget. With a recent set of updates, it is now possible to set both a daily and maximum monthly budget. Thank you MSN!
- The PPC Blog provided this list of 13 Pay Per Click Myths. This list does a great job of breaking down some of the most common misperceptions, such as: the need to rank #1, the Content Network and Broad Match are bad, and there is only one search engine (Google). This is definitely a must-read.
- Do you advertise outside of the US? Last week the Search Insider wrote about 3 stepping stones to global B2B search marketing. Their suggestions were to try Google PPC ads to determine effective markets, try using local languages in your ads and finally to break out of the search mold and try regional search engines!
- Have an e-commerce site and want more revenue? Read Traffick’s post on how a Canadian e-commerce website increases their revenue by ‘oozing’ credibility, having a great selection of products and can get you your order fast!.
- Adam Green from SeoMoz talks about some new features of Google Adwords and Analytics. Some include but are not limited to new geo-targeting with Google maps and a revised keyword tool that shows the highest volume month for a particular keyword.
- This is a great post on why you shouldn’t focus on being in top ad positions if you’re a small business competing in the PPC world. Two articles are written about making a profit with high cost-per-click and one with lower cost-per-click.
- I can’t lie: MSN adCenter is my least favorite PPC interface. It’s not intuitive; the reporting is clunky; and overall it’s inefficient. However, at least they are making their bulk upload feature a bit easier-to-use. If you’re looking to re-vamp or open a new adCenter account, this is a good read.
- This is a very interesting article from SEMGeek: Why are companies giving up on SEO and forcing PPC? Of course, we focus on paid search, but any successful SEM program will include SEO as well. If you’re struggling with your SEO, this is a necessary read.
PPC News Roundup for December 19, 2007
Subscribe to Daily Blog Updates
Save time and Become the Hero with updates from PPC Hero in your inbox!
New Subscribers also receive our highly demanded PPC Budget Forecast template
Browse By Category
Top-Rated Speakers Return: Hero Conf Austin
Each year for Hero Conf we invite the top 10 highest rated speakers to return to the next conference. It is one way we make sure we are giving our attendees the type of content that they want. Here’s the top 10 lineup for this...
Will Google Address Advertisers’ Transparency Concerns?
Personally, I don't think Google is going to give advertisers more transparency and control when it comes to machine learning. Here's why.