PPC News Roundup for December 19, 2007
- Previously in MSN’s adCenter, you had to control your spending through a monthly budget. With a recent set of updates, it is now possible to set both a daily and maximum monthly budget. Thank you MSN!
- The PPC Blog provided this list of 13 Pay Per Click Myths. This list does a great job of breaking down some of the most common misperceptions, such as: the need to rank #1, the Content Network and Broad Match are bad, and there is only one search engine (Google). This is definitely a must-read.
- Do you advertise outside of the US? Last week the Search Insider wrote about 3 stepping stones to global B2B search marketing. Their suggestions were to try Google PPC ads to determine effective markets, try using local languages in your ads and finally to break out of the search mold and try regional search engines!
- Have an e-commerce site and want more revenue? Read Traffick’s post on how a Canadian e-commerce website increases their revenue by ‘oozing’ credibility, having a great selection of products and can get you your order fast!.
- Adam Green from SeoMoz talks about some new features of Google Adwords and Analytics. Some include but are not limited to new geo-targeting with Google maps and a revised keyword tool that shows the highest volume month for a particular keyword.
- This is a great post on why you shouldn’t focus on being in top ad positions if you’re a small business competing in the PPC world. Two articles are written about making a profit with high cost-per-click and one with lower cost-per-click.
- I can’t lie: MSN adCenter is my least favorite PPC interface. It’s not intuitive; the reporting is clunky; and overall it’s inefficient. However, at least they are making their bulk upload feature a bit easier-to-use. If you’re looking to re-vamp or open a new adCenter account, this is a good read.
- This is a very interesting article from SEMGeek: Why are companies giving up on SEO and forcing PPC? Of course, we focus on paid search, but any successful SEM program will include SEO as well. If you’re struggling with your SEO, this is a necessary read.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!