PPC News Roundup for December 19th, 2008
December 18, 2008
- Trying to make your PPC ad copy stand out from the crowd can be a daunting task. Shane at semvironment has written a very insightful article to help you fend off the PPC ad copy zombies. For those of you in a highly competitive PPC landscape, this is some very useful information.
- This post from Search Engine Land expands past PPC, but it’s a good end-of-the-year check list for all of you marketing managers out there. Here’s to planning ahead for 2009!
- Are you running Google ads on the iPhone yet? Well, according to David over at Media Post, you should give this some consideration. He lays out a good portrait of iPhone users and why running ads on this device may be beneficial for your SEM campaign.
- According to Clickz.com, Yahoo! search marketing is slashing their data retention from 13 months to only 90 days. This new rule will apply to search log data, page views, clicks and ad views/clicks.
- Eliminate the fears that your site visitors have says Stoney deGeyter from searchengineguide.com. Stoney provides advertisers his tips on improving your site’s ability to sell, sell, sell. In his tips he lists 10 fears that your site visitors may experience while visiting your site and helpful ways to eliminate those fears.
- Bg Theory has a post on the new Adwords Editor 7.0 release. The updates are now showing quality score and first place bid estimates. Some other new additions are keyword opportunities by location and language and the volume column in the keyword opportunities tab shows last month’s data.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.