PPC News Roundup for February 20, 2009
February 20, 2009
- We know that paid search was utilizied by the Obama team when was was running against John McCain. SEM Geek reviews what was accomplished by these campaigns, and what to expect for future political paid search.
- Yahoo! has a new “Rich Ad” platform, where you can insert videos and pictures, show your logos, and create deep links. It is currently invite only, but it is definitely something to monitor. The YSM blog gives us the scoop.
- Marketing Pilgrim talks about Google’s new Analytics integration of phone calls and live chats. This is definitely good news, considering Analytics is pretty useful, especially for a free application.
- Google is always coming out with new features and options in AdWords. Some good, a few bad. That being said, Closed Loop Marketing talks about some AdWords features you should just say NO to. Good advice, CLM team. You shouldn’t be a blind follower, some of their new stuff just isn’t worth it.
- In another blog post from Yahoo!, internet sales led to a January retail sales increase. Turns out, people like to shop online, especially when the weather sucks and gas is expensive. Who’da thunk it?
- Ion Interactive talks a lot about landing pages. Why? Probably because they play a critical role in the success of any online marketing campaign. Take a look at this week’s post and keep it fresh.
- Hey, you guys should improve your CTR. How? This article from Redfly Marketing should help you get your feet wet.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.