PPC News Roundup for Friday 7/17/2009
July 17, 2009
- Wonder how much you should bid on that new keyword? Over at the Yahoo search marketing blog they’ll tell you which numbers actually matter when determining your keyword bid. They go into cost-per-lead, return on advertising spend and profit.
- Brad Geddes talks about the new Google trademark policy and find Google is actually following their own rules. Brad goes over the new rules for trademarks and shows a test he did to see if by following their policy would really work by having Google in his ad text.
- A new beta feature was introduced in AdWords yesterday – the Opportunities tab. Right now, it offers customized budget and keyword ideas for campaigns, and is only available to a small number of US advertisers, but its features and availability should expand in the coming months. It’s a broader take on the Campaign Optimizer tool, and seems like it could be pretty useful. Something to watch, anyway.
- Marketing Pilgrim highlights new features in Facebook’s ad network. The additions include connection targeting, multiple country targeting, and birthday targeting.
- This week Copyblogger has started a series about achieving freelance copywriting success- all the posts in the series are very interesting, but their advice about marrying creativity & profit-based motivation in your ads is excellent for anyone working in online advertising and marketing, not just freelance writers.
- An interesting overview from MediaPost about some eye tracking studies going on involving ads on social media sites, not just traditional search engines.
- Ron Jones at Search Engine Land discusses the tools available to help manage bids for larger PPC campaigns. Although not always necessary and effective for everyone, bid management tools can have their purpose.
- Let’s talk about the 7 deadly sins! No, I don’t mean “those sins.” Inside AdWords posted an interesting article recently on the 7 Deadly Sins of Landing Page Design. And actually, it’s not necessarily an article – but rather a webinar that was presented by Tim Ash. Nice!
Browse By Category
Spend Smarter: Identifying Account Opportunities
Explore a method for projecting performance that makes it easier to provide solid budget increase recommendations and alleviates some stress.
Up and Running with AdWords Add-on for Google Sheets
In this article we will set up for the AdWords add-on for Google Sheets. By the end you'll set up your own reports and automate the data gathering portion of your workflow.
Tackling Facebook Ad Disapprovals
Why your Facebook ad is disapproved and what you can do to fix it and avoid future problems.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Easy Steps to Complete a Competitor Analysis
We all want to always stay one step ahead of the competition, and that’s where we want to share our expertise with you.
Quick Tips to Earning Trust When Onboarding a New Client
In observing onboarding, I have found a few helpful hints that will help account managers to gain their client’s trust early.
2018 AdWords Updates: Notes, Add-Ons & Optimize
Google has been busy recently making several updates to the features and policies for AdWords. Get the latest AdWords updates on the Add-On for Google Sheets, the Notes feature in the new UI, Account Deactivation, and linking to Google Optimize.
Load More »