PPC News Roundup for January 23, 2009
January 23, 2009
This week’s roundup brings us some adieu about Match Types. Some discussion within the PPC community has lead to differing views about how they should be incorporated into your accounts.
- Does the state of the economy result in dirty PPC strategies? Should you still go for head keywords? SEM Geek gives their take, emphasizing the need to nurture and protect your brand.
- Earlier this week, John posted about Match Types in Google, suggesting testing and toying around with all three possibilities. Pay Per Click Journal agrees with our take. We like their take. End of story.
- Now, we get the Click Equations perspective on Match Types. Craig Danuloff wrote a four post series on the subject back in June 2008, and recently aggregated them together into a single entity. This comprehensive guide is quite useful.
- To the three people that are using Google for print newspaper ads, tough luck. Google has officially shut down the Print Ads program. Your ads now have until March 31st until their official swan song. The culprit? A real shocker, a lack of advertiser interest and decline of newspaper readership.
- With Google releasing new AdWords tools by the second, sometimes it is hard to keep track of all of them. Elizabeth Marsten gives her view on the AdWords Keyword Performance Module in this post at Portent Interactive.
- In case you haven’t noticed by now, we like Brad Geddes. He is a knowledgeable guy in our industry. This week, he gives us a guide to check your PPC account for broken links. URLs change over time, and your clients may forget to tell you. So, read on!
- Jim Carrey re-did Liar, Liar in the form of Yes Man. In similar vein, Copyblogger tells us six ways to get people to say yes. YES.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.