PPC News Roundup for January 9th, 2009
January 9, 2009
Happy new year everyone! I had a nice, long vacation in Portland, drinking delicious seasonal beers and hanging out with the family. I hope the holidays treated you all gloriously as well. Being the new year, here’s my first PPC roundup for 2009.
- Hopefully, your SEM agency is doing a great job for you. However, it’s always good to know how to spot a bad agency. This post describes how to spot “bad” agencies and promotes PPC clients to be involved in the process.
- Creating a great PPC campaign is only part of the advertising battle. This post tackles how the landing page experience is just as important and comes down to this question: “Do your landing pages support success?”
- There is creating and utilizing landing pages, and then there is landing page management. “…as organizations scale up the number of distinct landing pages and post-click marketing initiatives they’re running, they encounter a different set of challenges.” If you ever had questions on efficiently growing your LP management, this post has 36 answers!
- Brad Geddes has a great post on whether PPC and SEO cannibalize each other. They ran a test on a client who had both PPC and SEO rankings for a term, and once they stopped doing PPC they lost about 200 clicks in one month. To determine what is best you really need to determine if losing those 200 clicks is more profitable for you then actually paying for them, Brad says.
- Myths exist only to be debunked! Brian Carter at Search Engine Journal has been doing some mythbusting of his own. Check out 5 Common AdWords Myths Absolutely Destroyed.
- Although we are now into the new year of 2009, there is still some use for “best of 2008” posts! Case in point, PPC Advice pulled together their top 5 posts for 2008 in order of popularity. Take a look.
- The PPC Hero team has a fresh new emphasis on Twitter to help communicate with others in the industry and build the PPC Hero brand. Is it worth the effort to Tweet? Michael Stelzer at Copyblogger gives his view on the micro blogging service.
- Last but not least, a list of 6 social search engines to check out for 2009, courtesy of Lee Odden at Toprank’s Online Marketing Blog.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.