PPC News Roundup for July 25, 2007
- Microsoft takes another step in challenging Google with their new ‘Gatineau Analytics’ Package. There’s not too much of a difference between the two analytics packages except that MSN will provide demographics data like the gender and age of people who are visiting your site. Gatineau will launch in beta later this summer.
- Much debate exists about the sophistication for landing pages in search marketing. In search engine land a post has been put up regarding business to business search marketing and landing pages. Studies have found that the simpler these marketers make their landing pages, the better. Business buyers want easy-to-read content first, and the gimmicks such as webinars or podcasts later.
- This post reminds us that “there are more poor spellers than there are good!” While most advertisers include keyword misspellings in their PPC campaigns, many fail to do the same for negative keywords. In fact, adding typos and misspellings to your negative keyword list can end up saving you more money than you think.
- Alan Rimm-Kaufman poses an interesting question over at Search Engine Land: Should stronger keywords subsidize weaker keywords? His conclusion yes, you should have an army of keywords at your disposal, and I agree. Most PPC campaigns have their cream-of-crop keywords that drive the majority of the traffic and conversions (this number is usually about 10 ultra-keywords). However, you shouldn’t rely on those heavy hitter keywords alone; you need to fill out your long tail keyword list in order to supplement your traffic, conversions and revenue.
- Google, Yahoo, and MSN are not the only search engines that can generate clicks and conversions with PPC campaigns. In the article “Taking your PPC Campaigns Beyond the Majors” they discuss a case study in which a company was able to generate almost as many clicks with a less known search engine while keeping their CPC at a fraction of the cost. Learn how to broaden your horizons and generate more revenue with your PPC campaigns.
- The Rimm Kaufman blog has once again dived into the performance of matching types. They methodically prove out that exact matched keywords bring double the value of their broad matched counterparts. Their tip? Segment traffic by match type and bid accordingly!
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!