PPC News Roundup for July 30, 2008
July 30, 2008
- Ever consider venturing away from the main PPC search engines – Google, Yahoo, and MSN? Perhaps you’ve been intrigued with the re-branding and launch of Ask.com, formerly AskJeeves.com. Could this help drive the niche traffic you’re looking for? Perhaps not says George Kepnick over at PPC blog. George gives his firsthand experience with their PPC advertising service.
- Rand at SEOMoz offers up his analysis on relevancy, coverage, freshness and more on the 4 major search engines. Yes, I said 4. That including the new Cuil search engine which is making its rounds through the blogosphere. The unfortunate news, it didn’t get very high marks from Rand. And who doesn’t trust Rand’s opinion?
- Is Cuil actually cool? Do you even know what Cuil is? Mike Moran at Search Engine Guide breaks down why search marketers don’t need to worry about Cuil right now. And they may be able to ignore it indefinitely.
- On a number of occasions I’ve discussed the lackluster quality of ad texts that Yahoo drafts in their account optimizations. The Yahoo folks seem like a smart bunch, but I’ve never been able to put my finger on why their proposed ad texts are so clunky. Until now. Elizabeth at Portant Interative has shed some light on this annoying mystery.
- I can’t lie: I like Ask.com. But I’m realistic and I know it will never really compete with Google, or even Yahoo. However, it is encouraging to know that Ask.com’s revenue is growing and they are gaining traction (albeit little traction) and search market share. Are you running a campaign with Ask.com? Maybe this is the time to give it a shot.
- If you need to brush up on relevancy affects your ad position, read this post at the adCenter Community blog. This is a great summarization of how you can effectively improve ad position through increased relevancy.
- Kerstin Baker Ash has an “outsider’s” plea for the SEM industry. Mostly, her opinion is that we all just need to get along! What I agreed with the most: “Write for the sake of teaching, not to be applauded.”
- Are you a data junky? Do you use Analytics in conjunction with your PPC campaigns? Check out this post at GrokDotCom that shares 5 tips for getting the most data out of Analytics. Assigning a value to conversions and thoroughly understanding your Traffic Sources are 2 of the best tips in the post.
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.