- The folks over at SEOMoz are known for their organic search prowess, so it’s a pleasant surprise to stumble across some decent PPC content over there. In a guest appearance on White Board Friday, Tom Critchlow explains the basics of PPC. If you’re a beginner or just want a solid refresher course, this is a great video to watch.
- We’re big fans of trying to better understand customers (searchers), and this article at GrokDotCom hits the nail on the head. It’s all about looking at things with an outsider’s perspective. “…things that typically go together often become fused in the mind, as if they’re supposed to go together — even if their relationship would strike an outsider as coincidental or weird.”
- I’m sure you’ve heard about the Google/Yahoo! deal, and if you haven’t — where have you been hiding? The Traffick blog explains more details of the proposed deal: Yahoo! will be using Google’s PPC ads to provide results for long tail keywords.
- If you’re doing any competitor research, Google just made the process a lot easier. Google Trends now offers the ability to view website traffic estimates, visitor locations, top keywords and related sites. This is surprisingly similar to Compete.com.
- PPC Discussions found a new feature on the content network in Google that allows you to have keywords and placement targeting in the same campaign. This seems to be fairly new since no one else is really talking about it. The gist, instead of creating separate campaigns for keywords and placements, you can now include both in any campaign. I’d like to see how this works!
Become a PPC Hero
Join over 34,000 other subscribers and get the PPC resources that best fit your needs as a modern digital marketer. Select your subscriptions to the right.
PPC News Roundup for June 26, 2008
Subscribe to Daily Blog Updates
Save time and Become the Hero with updates from PPC Hero in your inbox!
New Subscribers also receive our highly demanded PPC Budget Forecast template
Browse By Category
Creating Compelling Video with YouTube's Video Builder
Learn how to use YouTube's video builder to create compelling video ads from images. Including how to navigate the platform, creative guidelines, and examples.
How has COVID-19 Impacted Your Paid Media in June?
Fill out a short survey to help the digital marketing community understand COVID-19's impact on paid media and access the dashboard to see the results.