PPC News Roundup for June 26, 2008
- The folks over at SEOMoz are known for their organic search prowess, so it’s a pleasant surprise to stumble across some decent PPC content over there. In a guest appearance on White Board Friday, Tom Critchlow explains the basics of PPC. If you’re a beginner or just want a solid refresher course, this is a great video to watch.
- We’re big fans of trying to better understand customers (searchers), and this article at GrokDotCom hits the nail on the head. It’s all about looking at things with an outsider’s perspective. “…things that typically go together often become fused in the mind, as if they’re supposed to go together — even if their relationship would strike an outsider as coincidental or weird.”
- I’m sure you’ve heard about the Google/Yahoo! deal, and if you haven’t — where have you been hiding? The Traffick blog explains more details of the proposed deal: Yahoo! will be using Google’s PPC ads to provide results for long tail keywords.
- If you’re doing any competitor research, Google just made the process a lot easier. Google Trends now offers the ability to view website traffic estimates, visitor locations, top keywords and related sites. This is surprisingly similar to Compete.com.
- PPC Discussions found a new feature on the content network in Google that allows you to have keywords and placement targeting in the same campaign. This seems to be fairly new since no one else is really talking about it. The gist, instead of creating separate campaigns for keywords and placements, you can now include both in any campaign. I’d like to see how this works!
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!