PPC News Roundup for June 26, 2008
June 26, 2008
- The folks over at SEOMoz are known for their organic search prowess, so it’s a pleasant surprise to stumble across some decent PPC content over there. In a guest appearance on White Board Friday, Tom Critchlow explains the basics of PPC. If you’re a beginner or just want a solid refresher course, this is a great video to watch.
- We’re big fans of trying to better understand customers (searchers), and this article at GrokDotCom hits the nail on the head. It’s all about looking at things with an outsider’s perspective. “…things that typically go together often become fused in the mind, as if they’re supposed to go together — even if their relationship would strike an outsider as coincidental or weird.”
- I’m sure you’ve heard about the Google/Yahoo! deal, and if you haven’t — where have you been hiding? The Traffick blog explains more details of the proposed deal: Yahoo! will be using Google’s PPC ads to provide results for long tail keywords.
- If you’re doing any competitor research, Google just made the process a lot easier. Google Trends now offers the ability to view website traffic estimates, visitor locations, top keywords and related sites. This is surprisingly similar to Compete.com.
- PPC Discussions found a new feature on the content network in Google that allows you to have keywords and placement targeting in the same campaign. This seems to be fairly new since no one else is really talking about it. The gist, instead of creating separate campaigns for keywords and placements, you can now include both in any campaign. I’d like to see how this works!
Browse By Category
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.