PPC News Roundup for March 27, 2009
Back! Had a great trip in Denver and Boulder, quite the beautiful area. Although, I did miss a big storm, as that came this week. I had to walk around in sunny, 70 degree weather. Woe is me. Enjoy the roundup this week.
- Brad Geddes gives us some good advice on how to benchmark your keyword quality scores against your competition. Make sure to note the initial quality score that your keyword is assigned!
- Watch out for unpausing campaigns in Adwords – You might accidentally restore deleted campaigns as well! Google has made note of this bug, but be on the lookout nonetheless.
- Microsoft AdCenter has improved their conversion tracking by allowing three new options. Long story short, they allows specifics as to how actions should be counted. Gordon Choi has the scoop.
- Budget? What budget? That’s the question John Ellis is asking this week. “Spending PPC money just because the budget is set is bad marketing. Spite is a bad marketing strategy.” Plain and simple – your budget shouldn’t dictate your PPC activities, your performance and stats should!
- Copyblogger gives us some great hands on techniques to improve your landing pages. Lots’o design aspects, but that is certainly important for your users and will undoubtedly aid in reeling in those conversions.
- Adwords has some new features relating to payment control, aimed to rid of late or missing payments. Read their blog, they have the details.
- Straight from SES NY (acronyms rock), the TopRank Blog gives us 8 tips to boost SEM (more!) results. I like lists, and you should too.
- More from Google, this time from the AdSense blog. Google has the goods on the new behavior targeting that they are testing out. Google also has many blogs.
- Does adding relevant keywords in your display URL help? For example, www.example.com/importantkeyword? SEO by the Sea gives us their take.
Browse By Category
New Sessions. New Networking. An All New Experience.
When we get feedback on ways to make Hero Conf more relevant, more actionable, and more meaningful, we take it pretty seriously. It's our most powerful tool in creating an event we believe helps our industry thrive. And we've used that information to build our...
Why Digital Marketing: Traditions Aren’t Always the Best
Explore how digital marketing can take your business goals to the next level and start expanding into new markets.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
PPC Budgets: Pass Go into 2018 and Collect Optimal ROI
In this webinar, Shape CEO Jon Davis and Hanapin Director of Services Jeff Baum will share their expert advice about how you can perfect your 2018 budget strategy to achieve optimal ROI in the new year.
Setting Up and Analyzing Universal App Campaigns
Now that UAC adoption is mandatory for promoting an app on AdWords, it's important to compare Universal App Campaigns vs Mobile App Install Campaigns.
RStudio for PPC: A Beginner's Intro
A beginner's intro to using RSudio for PPC analysis and reporting.