PPC News Roundup for March 27, 2009
March 27, 2009
Back! Had a great trip in Denver and Boulder, quite the beautiful area. Although, I did miss a big storm, as that came this week. I had to walk around in sunny, 70 degree weather. Woe is me. Enjoy the roundup this week.
- Brad Geddes gives us some good advice on how to benchmark your keyword quality scores against your competition. Make sure to note the initial quality score that your keyword is assigned!
- Watch out for unpausing campaigns in Adwords – You might accidentally restore deleted campaigns as well! Google has made note of this bug, but be on the lookout nonetheless.
- Microsoft AdCenter has improved their conversion tracking by allowing three new options. Long story short, they allows specifics as to how actions should be counted. Gordon Choi has the scoop.
- Budget? What budget? That’s the question John Ellis is asking this week. “Spending PPC money just because the budget is set is bad marketing. Spite is a bad marketing strategy.” Plain and simple – your budget shouldn’t dictate your PPC activities, your performance and stats should!
- Copyblogger gives us some great hands on techniques to improve your landing pages. Lots’o design aspects, but that is certainly important for your users and will undoubtedly aid in reeling in those conversions.
- Adwords has some new features relating to payment control, aimed to rid of late or missing payments. Read their blog, they have the details.
- Straight from SES NY (acronyms rock), the TopRank Blog gives us 8 tips to boost SEM (more!) results. I like lists, and you should too.
- More from Google, this time from the AdSense blog. Google has the goods on the new behavior targeting that they are testing out. Google also has many blogs.
- Does adding relevant keywords in your display URL help? For example, www.example.com/importantkeyword? SEO by the Sea gives us their take.
Browse By Category
Why You Should Test Target ROAS Bidding for Shopping Campaigns
The case for testing Target ROAS bidding for AdWords shopping campaigns, plus tips on how to successfully set up such a test.
10 New Ways to Optimize Paid Search with Call Intelligence
Mobile search drives billions of calls to business each year, and calls convert at a higher rate than digital leads. When properly optimized, calls can have a transformational impact on your bottom line. Join this webinar to learn tactical tips and smart strategies to boost...
Google Adds New Tools to Highlight Physical Store Locations
Buying in-store is still a big deal for shoppers, and Google has announced a few new tools to let physical retailers target those shoppers heading in stores.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Spend Smarter: Identifying Account Opportunities
Explore a method for projecting performance that makes it easier to provide solid budget increase recommendations and also alleviates some stress.
Up and Running with AdWords Add-on for Google Sheets
In this article we will set up for the AdWords add-on for Google Sheets. By the end you'll set up your own reports and automate the data gathering portion of your workflow.
Tackling Facebook Ad Disapprovals
Why your Facebook ad is disapproved and what you can do to fix it and avoid future problems.
Load More »