PPC News Roundup for March 28, 2008
- Paid Search Lessons from David Szetela is a great post on some basic PPC strategies that can help anyone. David talks about separating the content network from sponsored search to using long tail keywords.
- Searching for more click-throughs on your ppc ads? Talk to Shimon Sandler about developing a Unique Selling Proposition in PPC Ads. The ‘USP’ as he calls it helps your ads start apart from the rest to ultimately improve click-through rates.
- Last week I wrote on the new Google automatic matching beta available for select advertisers. Now, KoMarketing Associates, Joseph Vivolo speaks out on why he won’t use Google’s automatic matching beta. Some of his reasons include no quality score implications and no reporting.
- Video ads are live on the Google SERPs. It’s interesting to note that while these video ads are still CPC based, a click to view the video will be counted as a click (even if the user doesn’t click through to your site). It will be interesting to see how well this technology turns into conversions for advertisers.
- I find it humorous that our collective bad experiences with support personnel have lead to random outbursts of the “happys” when a positive experience has been had. Most recently, the PPC Book talked to a real human and got some real answers from adCenter’s support.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!