PPC News Roundup for March 28, 2008
March 28, 2008
- Paid Search Lessons from David Szetela is a great post on some basic PPC strategies that can help anyone. David talks about separating the content network from sponsored search to using long tail keywords.
- Searching for more click-throughs on your ppc ads? Talk to Shimon Sandler about developing a Unique Selling Proposition in PPC Ads. The ‘USP’ as he calls it helps your ads start apart from the rest to ultimately improve click-through rates.
- Last week I wrote on the new Google automatic matching beta available for select advertisers. Now, KoMarketing Associates, Joseph Vivolo speaks out on why he won’t use Google’s automatic matching beta. Some of his reasons include no quality score implications and no reporting.
- Video ads are live on the Google SERPs. It’s interesting to note that while these video ads are still CPC based, a click to view the video will be counted as a click (even if the user doesn’t click through to your site). It will be interesting to see how well this technology turns into conversions for advertisers.
- I find it humorous that our collective bad experiences with support personnel have lead to random outbursts of the “happys” when a positive experience has been had. Most recently, the PPC Book talked to a real human and got some real answers from adCenter’s support.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.