PPC News Roundup for March 30, 2007
March 30, 2007
- This is the first I’ve heard that Google and Yahoo may be including SEO rankings and tactic history to PPC quality scoreâ€¦
- A good post on things that seem to matter in PPC but don’t. Examples are average CTR, top spot, and # of keywords. They talk about competitors – not needing to see their bids or their keywords but don’t give a good or thorough explanation of why.
- There’s a great blog on search engine guide about MSN turning off advanced query syntax in the search engine such as link:, linkdomain:, and inurl: that was causing “mass automated usage for data mining.”
- Posted on Google’s blog, they are aware they’re not medical experts when it comes to health related searches. They’ve hired â€˜medical experts’ to help find which health related ads are valid.
- New Search Marketing Benchmark Guide 2005-2006 that top rank talks about. It’s great to be able to compare your accounts with the industry standard.
- The flurry of chatter surrounding the announcement of Google’s Pay-Per-Action beta test must’ve gotten the Ad Word’s team a ton of email questions. So much so that they had to make a secondary post in their blog to make a broad-spectrum response!
- While there have been other studies that have shown how ranking high organically and through paid search marketing can improve overall campaign performance, iCrossing has taken this research to the next level.
Browse By Category
Remarketing to User Actions Instead of Page Visits
Explore how to use Google Tag Manager to segment your remarketing audiences to test out new user behavior such as user actions.
In-Market Audiences: Bing's Latest Targeting Feature
Bing Ads recently released a new intent based audience targeting for search campaigns called in-market audiences.
Automated Bidding Strategies By The Numbers
Explore the numbers that will be useful in determining which automated bidding strategy aligns with your goals and the data needed to get that strategy off the ground.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Responsive Search Ads: Why We Love/Hate Them
We've had some time to try out the new RSA's, and it's time for an honest discussion.
Facebook Ads Auction: How Does It Work?
Curious as to how Facebook Ads Auction works? Get a breakdown of the auction components to get a better understanding.
New Research! The State of Paid Social
In our new 2018 State of Paid Social report, we share the latest data on paid social advertising trends in a variety of networks including Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube, collected from over 400 marketers at brands and agencies.
Load More »