PPC News Roundup for May 15, 2009
May 15, 2009
Dearest PPC Hero readers, my apologies for not getting the weekly roundup goodness to you sooner today. It’s been pretty hectic ’round these parts.
I guess I should also probably mention that this is my last day as a member of the PPC Hero team. I finished Grad School last week (HOORAH!!), and the time has come for me to move westward. It’s been a pleasure working with the team and sharing insights with you all.
Take care now!
- Want to use a trademarked term you don’t own in your ad text? Own a trademarked term and don’t want anyone else to use it? Good news or bad news – starting June 15th, Google’s trademarked term policy for AdWords ads is changing. Basically if you sell a Name Brand ‘Something’ on an ad’s landing page, you can now use the Name Brand for that ‘Something’ in your ad. The change does NOT allow you to say “Name Brand Sucks” and direct searchers to your page about an Alternative Brand or anything of the sort. Maybe it won’t upset anyone too much (though see the growing list of links in their post for reactions). Use or get angry as you please.
- That’s right, it’s a list of 10 Important Post-Click Marketing Tips from discussions at the Search Insider Summit. As Scott Brinker says, you know these things. But you probably also have 900 other things-to-remember-today cluttering up your brain, so it can’t hurt to review. Remind yourself of the science behind smart search marketing!
- Noah Belson, Content Quality Analyst for Yahoo! Search Marketing, gives us 5 tips to help put the focus on our ads in light of spring specific events such as graduation and prom.
- Josh Dreller from Search Engine Land asks, “Is your paid search account structure optimal?” You better believe it! Account structure is crucial for the success of your PPC campaigns. Some interesting reading here.
- Microsoft gets a lot of bad publicity, especially from PPC’ers, but they must be doing something right. Oh, and Google is too. Where you at Yahoo? (Hint … In a far away land)
- I like CopyBlogger, and so should you. This piece focuses on writing copy for those with short attention spans. Hint, it could be useful for those pesksy ad texts. Or that SEO work you do (on the side of course).
Browse By Category
Personalized Training to Become a PPC Superhero
If you could divulge your biggest challenges in paid search advertising to an expert who is highly revered by industry peers, approved by 15 US & UK agency leaders, and a driving force in PPC innovation, would you?
Leveraging Custom Intent Audiences on YouTube
Google recently announced the addition of custom intent audiences for YouTube. Structure audiences & content to build goodwill with your prospects!
My Top Failures as a PPC Account Manager
Explore Will Larcom's 5 biggest shortcomings as an Account Manager and the takeaways unearthed by being able to identify them!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Why You Should Test Target ROAS Bidding for Shopping Campaigns
The case for testing Target ROAS bidding for AdWords shopping campaigns, plus tips on how to successfully set up such a test.
10 New Ways to Optimize Paid Search with Call Intelligence
Mobile search drives billions of calls to business each year, and calls convert at a higher rate than digital leads. When properly optimized, calls can have a transformational impact on your bottom line. Join this webinar to learn tactical tips and smart strategies to boost...
Google Adds New Tools to Highlight Physical Store Locations
Buying in-store is still a big deal for shoppers, and Google has announced a few new tools to let physical retailers target those shoppers heading in stores.
Load More »