PPC News Roundup for May 23, 2007
- This is a blinding flash of the obvious! If you want to improve your tracking ability and truly measure how well your online marketing is performing, give users an incentive to place the order online. This tip is a real jewel – don’t gloss over it just because it’s short.
- Search Engine Lowdown reports on Google to Begin Shutting Down Arbitrage Sites
- Search Engine Watch talks about what ask.com should do to be successful
- Rim Kaufmann dissects the anatomy of an optimal PPC bid. There are 17 steps 26 footnotes so be prepared to put your thinking caps on!
- Advertisers have noticed that Google is bolding keyword variations in the paid search results.
- Here are six elements for effective landing pages. This particular article recommends making minor changes in each of these six areas.
- What’s the difference between edgy and creative? It isn’t necessary to push the envelope just to push the envelope.
- ClearSaleing makes a good case for *not* getting rid of keywords just because they don’t result in a conversion. Broad keywords (like “saxophone”) help lead to a sale because the user often times starts their search with this because they simply don’t know how else to start their search. After they’ve researched a bit, they may search for specific keywords like “Selmer Eb Sopranino Saxophone 50”), which ultimately completes the sale because that’s exactly what they’re looking for. While the broad keyword won’t get credited with the sale, it started it so you shouldn’t delete it from your account. Unfortunately, they don’t give specific advice on how to track those “assist” keywords.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!