PPC News Roundup for November 21, 2007
November 21, 2007
- With the holidays upon us, it’s time to start talking statistics. Marketing Pilgrim shares 8 statistics for internet retailers this holiday shopping season. For example, 61% of online shoppers prefer free shipping and 68% of internet users shop or research products online. This is a good list to get us all ready for Cyber Monday!
- The long tail is overrated (everything’s overrated this week). At least that’s what The PPC Book is telling us. “If you can’tâ€¦ turn a positive ROI with the most competitive short tail termsâ€¦ there is a very good change that your problem isn’t keyword related.” This post suggests that in order to get the most bang for your buck, you’ve got to aim for the big league, competitive keywords.
- There is an SEM/PPC debate brewing! The topic: PPC ad copy. Greg Meyers at SEM Geek has taken the stance that paid search ad copy is overrated. His stance is that keywords, site usability are much more important than focusing on ad copy. Greg says, “Ads don’t move the Revenue Needle. Keywords, landing pages, carts, user experience and most importantly DEMAND for your products/services are what does it.” However, the team over at Mind Valley labs appear to have a different take on ad copy. They have published two studies (study #1, and study #2) that focus on the importance of ad text. I think when it comes to PPC management, you need to focus on everything!
- Has your click-through rate increased or decreased since the clickable area change within AdSense? I haven’t noticed much a difference, but you can see what other people have to say on this topic and how this change has effect their campaigns over at Search Engine Roundtable.
- What can hinder or completely halt a search marketing campaign? Brian Kaminski has posted a very good article over at Search Engine Land that answers this question.
Browse By Category
Remarketing to User Actions Instead of Page Visits
Explore how to use Google Tag Manager to segment your remarketing audiences to test out new user behavior such as user actions.
In-Market Audiences: Bing's Latest Targeting Feature
Bing Ads recently released a new intent based audience targeting for search campaigns called in-market audiences.
Automated Bidding Strategies By The Numbers
Explore the numbers that will be useful in determining which automated bidding strategy aligns with your goals and the data needed to get that strategy off the ground.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Responsive Search Ads: Why We Love/Hate Them
We've had some time to try out the new RSA's, and it's time for an honest discussion.
Facebook Ads Auction: How Does It Work?
Curious as to how Facebook Ads Auction works? Get a breakdown of the auction components to get a better understanding.
New Research! The State of Paid Social
In our new 2018 State of Paid Social report, we share the latest data on paid social advertising trends in a variety of networks including Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube, collected from over 400 marketers at brands and agencies.
Load More »