PPC News Roundup For November 7th, 2008
November 7, 2008
- The fine folks over at Search Engine Guide have just finished up their 12 post guide to Keyword Research, Selection, and Organization. Good details, useful advice, check it out!
- Included in the AdWords monthly budget beta? If so you should read Semvironments blog on the pros and cons of the new beta. They break down the pros and cons of each daily budget setting and monthly budget setting. Depending on how you like to run your campaigns, reading these will help set you up for success either method you choose.
- Brad Geddes says, “Stop freaking out” in his blog about the new Google AdWords quality score update. He mentions that Google has simply updated their algorithm to be even more precise, but the methodology is the same, that CTR has always been normalized by position. Apparently people were under the impression that with this update from Google, the information they had received in the past from Google and Brad was incorrect. Brad’s response, “Don’t fret this one”.
- Another perspective on the AdWords quality score update comes from Jeremy Mayes. Jeremy does a great job of breaking down the recent quality score changes. “Misconception: Showing up in a higher position will benefit my Quality Score.”
- This flowchart from PPC Blog offers some tips and several links for setting up a search engine marketing campaign. It has a lot of boxes, so it’s definitely a nice resource to look at whenever you are creating new campaigns.
- There’s now another new player in the search metrics business, Comscore. What are they offering that might be new and helpful? PPC Advice takes a look.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.