PPC News Roundup For November 7th, 2008
- The fine folks over at Search Engine Guide have just finished up their 12 post guide to Keyword Research, Selection, and Organization. Good details, useful advice, check it out!
- Included in the AdWords monthly budget beta? If so you should read Semvironments blog on the pros and cons of the new beta. They break down the pros and cons of each daily budget setting and monthly budget setting. Depending on how you like to run your campaigns, reading these will help set you up for success either method you choose.
- Brad Geddes says, “Stop freaking out” in his blog about the new Google AdWords quality score update. He mentions that Google has simply updated their algorithm to be even more precise, but the methodology is the same, that CTR has always been normalized by position. Apparently people were under the impression that with this update from Google, the information they had received in the past from Google and Brad was incorrect. Brad’s response, “Don’t fret this one”.
- Another perspective on the AdWords quality score update comes from Jeremy Mayes. Jeremy does a great job of breaking down the recent quality score changes. “Misconception: Showing up in a higher position will benefit my Quality Score.”
- This flowchart from PPC Blog offers some tips and several links for setting up a search engine marketing campaign. It has a lot of boxes, so it’s definitely a nice resource to look at whenever you are creating new campaigns.
- There’s now another new player in the search metrics business, Comscore. What are they offering that might be new and helpful? PPC Advice takes a look.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!