PPC News Roundup for October 10, 2008
October 10, 2008
- Google announces another update for Adwords Editor 6.5. The new version has a new calendar picker for performance stats and horizontal scrolling in the data view plus auto-sizing columns. It also has a new keyword tool that allows users to generate new keyword ideas from words or phrases, which is a nice touch. Current users will be prompted to download automatically, but if you aren’t using Editor yet – get it here.
- Brad Geddes has a great post on why advertisers should separate countries to one campaign each. Brad says from a reporting aspect, you can better analyze which country is getting higher CTR’s, higher conversion rates and CPC if they’re separated out. This way you can make better decisions on which keywords in a particular country to pause or delete.
- It looks like SearchEngineGuide is doing a series on achieving SEM success through Keyword Research this week. The part 1 blog highlights important factors when doing keyword research like knowing where and who your audience is, help on finding core terms, organizing keywords and much more.
- Here’s a nice summary of takeaways from Marketing Sherpa’s B2B Lead Generation Summit, courtesy of Gary Ware.
- Are Two Clicks Better than One? Check out this overview of Scott Brinker’s presentation about Landing Pages and Multi-Variate Testing for the SMX East Conference happening this week in NYC.
- Looking for a calm, level-headed strategy for weathering the “financial crisis?” Look no further than the RKGBlog’s list of 6 strategies. My favorite? “Stay Calm.” Couldn’t have said it better myself.
- Any article that can effectively fill the gap between fly fishing and optimizing PPC for the buying cycle is OK by me. The basic gist? Fly fishing for trout is a task that requires finesse and a deep understanding of cycles – just like targeting your customers successfully throughout the buying cycle. Nicely done, adCenter!
- Can I run a PPC campaign to promote a blog? A few handy tips from Search Engine Genie help answer some of your questions.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.