PPC News Roundup for October 2, 2008
October 2, 2008
- This offering from PPC Advice gives their outlook on the staggering economy and its impact on the online marketing industry. It’s a positive one, and for all of our sakes, we can hope it pans out like they predict.
- You may be debating whether or not to set up a Google Analytics account for your clients. This YOUmoz post details the process, and gives some introductory information that could be of use.
- Diving further into the world of analytics, the folks over at Visual Revenue give a helpful comparison between Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft Analytic platforms. Good stuff!
- Even Presidential hopefuls understand the power of paid search! Here’s an in-depth look at how the McCain camp is using paid search, what they are using it for and their results.
- BrandVerity has put together a very helpful document, The Nuances of Search Engine PPC Trademark Policies. We are always looking for deeper details into how paid search editorial processes work. When going head-to-head with competitors we want to make sure that we are playing by the rules, but that are playing as hard as we can!
- Giovanna from PPC Blog has posted 5 tips to help you increase your relevancy in Google Adwords. Her tips include how to increase the CTR on individual keywords, change up your bidding strategy and run ad scheduling reports to display your ads when you’re converting the most.
- Jeremy Mays has an interesting post about how people can use PPC to advertise for another companies site but in a negative way. Someone had experienced a competitor (or so they think) displaying PPC ads for their company and advertising for a sale when there was no sale. Unfortunately Google wouldn’t tell this person who was advertising the wrong information. The goal for their competitors is to ruin the user experience once they arrive at their site. Black hat PPC?
Browse By Category
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.