PPC News Roundup for September 17, 2008
September 17, 2008
- Over on Search Engine Land Brad Geddes has written a good post on the top three search engine payment options for PPC. We think it’s good for people to read over this and to learn their options on how they should pay their PPC bills. Brad talks about the levels of risk for each payment option but also goes into the rewards details. A lot of people don’t know about invoicing and the requirements to get your client on invoicing, so that topic is of particular interest if you have clients that don’t like using credit cards.
- Are you having trouble getting conversions from your landing pages? The folks over at Ion Interactive offer up some helpful tips to innovate and iterate your landing pages. Further, the timing and scheduling of it all is detailed in this post.
- Big changes in Google’s Quality Score are coming! What’s going on, you ask? Google’s AdWords blog gives a more detailed explanation. Good or Bad? Is doomsday or paradise forthcoming? See for yourself!
- PPC-Advice blog has posted a good article that will show you 3 easy steps you can do to maximize click-through rate in PPC ads. This are pretty grounded, basic tips but with all of the elements of a complex PPC campaign moving at once, sometimes it’s good to take a step back and think about the basics.
- Google is not just a gigantic, ominous machine with cogs and levers – there are actual people who review your PPC ads. Yes, real-live people. SearchEngineWatch published the details on how live-people interact with your ads.
- Extra, Extra! AdWords works! Errrr … Well, check out this data they released about Sprint’s PPC efforts in the mobile phone industry, courtesy of Marketing Pilgrim. A little more information would be nice, Google statisticians. Is this all just a clever ploy to increase customers? Most likely.
- Calls to action are crucial to your campaigns, as we all know. Incorporating active verbs is essential to these calls to action. Pay Per Click Journal offers some advice on how to utilize action verbs to increase traffic and ultimately, conversions. This post is short and sweet, just the way we like it.
Browse By Category
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.