PPC News Roundup for September 3, 2008
- Using multiple campaigns to break up your PPC efforts is generally a smart principal that we adhere to. Nikki Kuhlman over at JumpFly reminds us why this is a good idea to consider in your pay-per-click strategies. You may already be well aware of this technique, but a refresher never hurts!
- The folks over at semvironment have noticed an interesting phenomenon with Yahoo search results looking eerily similar to paid search results. It looks like they may be trying to squeeze out a little more profit at the expense of ambiguous search results.
- This short-but-sweet post from search engine genie suggests how you can increase your landing page relevancy . A quick read, this blog offers another handy refresher, which we know can help you in your own campaigns.
- When it comes to your landing page you have to test everything. Test, test, test and then test more! The Mind Valley Lab folks understand this method very well. Mike at the Mind Valley Blog posted an interesting article on a call-to-action button test they recently conducted. This goes to show that every element of your landing page is extremely important.
- Want to know more about AdWords Editor? The Google AdWords Agency blog has announced the release of a new guide for AdWords Editor, their account management tool. The guide is available as a 2 page PDF Download and offers a quick review of the product as well as a cheat sheet of keyboard shortcuts.
- Quick reminder to mark your calendars!! The AdWords Editor Team will be hosting an ‘Optimizing in AdWords Editor’ webinar on Thursday, September 11 at 10am PDT. The session will cover AdWords Editor tips and tricks related to the following topics:
- ROI best practices
- Improving and maintaining account health
- Using different ad formats
- This webinar is geared towards AdWords Editor power users or those who have attended our Advanced Editor Webinar. You can register here, or join the session at its start time by using the ‘Join Event Now’ entry field on the same page.
- Apparently Google Checkout is everywhere, according to Giovanna at PPCBlog. Giovanna writes about the positives of using Google checkout, one being free sales processing for up to 10 times your monthly AdWords spend. But most importantly, the checkout badge you get to use on your PPC ads that can really make you stand apart from your competitors. Giovanna also mentions the $5 off coupon added to some of the badges which should really help increase your click-through rates and convert more people.
- With all of the Quality Score that Google AdWords measures, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to remember which aspects of your account affect each score. Brad Geddes has crafted a handy-dandy chart to help keep it all straight.
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!