Reviewing The Latest Bing Ads Enhancements
August 18, 2015
Bing Ads is constantly rolling out new features based on customer feedback and also to keep up with Google AdWords enhancements. It can be difficult to keep track of all the new features so here are the newest ones available.
New Accounts And Billing Features
Account and billing management isn’t something you should have to spend a lot of time on. Bing recently rolled out a set of new features to help simplify the accounts and billing experience. Whether you’re an existing customer managing accounts and billing with Bing, or you are transitioning from Yahoo, you’ll be able to benefit from this new release.
You can now switch between prepay and postpay payment. In the past, once you had chosen your desired payment method you were not able to change your decision. This feature gives you flexibility if you or your clients need to change at some point in the future.
Expanded insertion order capabilities, including:
- Editing existing IOs
- Creating and managing multiple IOs at one time
- Viewing the change history of IOs
- Printing IOs
Revamped Billing Tab
You can continue checking how much you owe for postpay accounts or your available balance for prepay accounts. Along with taking advantage of new summaries of cross-account charges, detailed billing information for each account, and easy ways to filter and find exactly what you’re looking for.
Advertisers who receive more than one monthly invoice can now combine their bills into one, making it faster for you to review your billing from all accounts. It is only available for advertisers that receive monthly invoices and that are same currency and language. You must be a Super Admin to take advantage of this enhancement.
Email Notification For Invoices And Statements
You can now receive email delivery of monthly invoices, and billing notification for prepay and postpay threshold accounts. The setup process is just this simple:
- Click the gear icon, and then click “Accounts & Billing”.
- Click the “Billing”
- At the top of the page, under “Selected accounts”, make sure that “All accounts” is selected
- To the right and just above the table, click “Settings”
- Under “Prepay and postpay threshold settings”, select “Send notifications by email”
- Click “Save”
Bing Ads For iOS 1.2
- Bing Ads for iOS is now available in all Bing Ads supported markets and can be used in a multitude of languages including English, French, German, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Italian.
- View enlarged graphs by switching the phone’s orientation or by tapping the enlarge icon on the bottom right of the graph.
- Change performance metrics while viewing performance graphs in horizontal mode.
- Swipe performance metric tiles to see additional metrics.
- View graphs on the Dashboard tab as well as on campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords summary views.
- Select multiple metrics on performance graph to see how metrics compare with each other visually and by tapping and holding on the graph.
- Various performance improvements and bug fixes.
Bing Shopping Campaigns, like I announced in a news post last month, are a new campaign type in Bing Ads that allows advertisers to display products in the Bing Merchant Center store. You can easily organize, track, and optimize your Product Ads directly in Bing Ads with BSC and be able to:
- Manage and have more control over your Product Ads.
- Have insight into how your Product Ads are performing.
- Import Google Shopping Campaigns with a single click.
- Use BSC via the API.
Saving Table Columns
You no longer have to manually add, remove, and change the order of columns in the table every time you want to see your data that way. You can save the columns you want in the order you want and easily recall these columns whenever you want. You will be able to quickly find the columns you need, as columns are grouped by categories in the column chooser.
Although still in beta and only available in the US, Bing Native Ads expand the reach of the platform to target intent even outside of search. The beta includes:
- User interests expressed by their prior search queries
- Intent signals from the content of the experience in which the users are at any given point
- User actions like looking for products or completing events on advertiser sites
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.