You Will Never Write the Perfect Ad Text, but Here Are 2 Ways To Keep Getting Closer
This week we have been exploring how to catch more clicks and conversions by writing better ad texts. Our tackle box has been filled the tools to help (just to name a few):
- Write benefit-driven ad text
- Use promotional offers and calls-to-action
- Qualify our leads as much as possible
But let’s be honest; even with all of these tactics at your disposal, you will never write the perfect PPC ad text. It’s a hard fact to face but it’s true. However, you can get pretty close to perfect (hopefully this blog series will help!) and I will tell you 2 ways to get closer to PPC ad text perfection.
Test. Test. Test. You can utilize every tip, insight and nugget-of-truth that we have discussed this week on writing better ad text but you need to continuously test your ad variations. You need to test every aspect of your PPC ads to determine which message appeals best to your audience, including:
Review your ad serving method. Now that I’ve convinced you that you need to continuously test your ad text variations, you have to give each ad text a chance to prove it’s salt. To do this you need to alter your ad serving method:
- In Google, there are two delivery methods; optimize and rotate. Optimize is the default setting and when this option is chosen all of your ads are not being equally displayed because AdWords chooses which is the “best” performer and focuses on it. You can change this setting at the campaign level, and I suggest you do so.
- In Yahoo, the setting is called “optimize ad display.” However, if you want to evenly test your ads, you need to make sure that ad optimizer is not selected. You can alter this setting at the ad group level, under the tab ‘General Information.’ Select ‘no’ for the option of “Optimize Ad Display.”
When you write multi-variant ad texts, and alter your ad serving method so that each ad variation is displayed evenly, then you’ll be on your way to increasing your clicks, and conversions! Remember; this process NEVER ENDS. You may find an ad text that appeals best to your audience, but you need to continuously test against it. You never know what you’ll find out there in the open waters of the PPC ocean!
Browse By Category
How We Gained $21,000 More in Revenue by Changing One Color
Testing button color, or the color of any element on your page can be extremely rewarding - if it is done correctly. See how you can turn a simple test into drastic results.
New Research! The State of PPC
This year's State of PPC annual report has arrived! Grab the download for the latest trends and benchmarks in the PPC industry.
Bing's New(ish) Automated Bidding Strategies
Bing continues to roll out automated strategies to extract more performance from your campaigns. Take a look at the two newest and how to best use them.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Google Quality Score – Should You Optimize for This Metric?
Pulling Quality Score reports in Google Ads can benefit your account by providing a guiding light on where you can optimize with future tests.
I used the Budget Optimizer in Facebook for 30 Days, here's what happened.....
Explore insights from testing the Facebook campaign budget optimization tool for 30 days.
PPC Audiences: What Are They and How Does Google Determine Them?
Explore what PPC audiences are, as well as what signals may be factored into the Google algorithm that determines who is included in these audiences.
Load More »