PPC specialists have been using custom columns for many years to make it possible to view specific aspects of the Google Ads data. Custom columns can be helpful when you want to merge columns that are important to campaigns, ad groups, and keywords. When used properly it can minimize your time spent on reporting and will show relevant insights at a glance.
Custom Columns Have Gotten a lot Better
With the latest revamp of custom columns Google added more metrics and functionalities. This means a lot of new stuff to play around with. The results are new ways to get better and custom insights into your Google Ads accounts. During his session at Hero Conf London, Koos Hoeijmakers, Head of SEA at Greenhouse, will share examples of new insights and how to start implementing them.
Source: Google Support
Did you know you can add custom columns in custom columns? You can do this with the following metrics if they are available; spends, clicks, impression shares, conversions, ROAS, and so on. The possibilities are endless!
Some key takeaways that you can expect:
- Understand what’s newly added to the custom columns
- Some great examples of new insights you can create with custom columns
- What you should and definitely should not do with custom columns
- A how-to guide on creating those same custom columns yourself
- How to setup reporting with your new custom columns
If you are not using custom columns right now, you will afterward.