Morning Clicks: Google Puts More Focus on Mobile and More
November 19, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- Facebook exclaims: You will pay for your advertising. As they cut unpaid posts by marketers on users news feeds. [SF Gate]
- Ever wonder, what ads get the most views on YouTube? Wonder no more. The top 10 YouTube ads of October have arrived. [Ad Week]
The focus this week for Google continued to be on mobile advertising.
- They also are looking into special rankings for Mobile-friendly sites. [Search Engine Land]
- Remember the carousel Google search results displayed at the top of the page with local Hotels, Restaurants, or other facilities? Well, this has been replaced with what writer Mike O’Brien calls a “three-pack of ads”. [Search Engine Watch]
- To keep up with the Social Media world, Snapchat has opened up an entirely new model, as you can now send cash through what is called “SnapCash”. This is similar to other apps (Popmoney and Venmo to name a few). Will SnapChat ever begin to get more aggressive in the advertising game? [Tech Crunch]
The Latest From PPC Hero:
- Guest Blogger, Edgar Shpivak, explains how Facebook and Google can work together for your advertising purposes with Tag Manager.
- Jake Fairclough, Account Manager at Hanapin Marketing, gives the best ways to find your top landing pages.
- Kristina McLane, Hanapin Marketing Account Manager, explains why remarketing for search is even more important during the Holiday season.
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.