Morning Clicks: Why Ask.com is Your Competitor, Interesting Yelp Strategy, and More
September 24, 2014
Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- First things first, whats the latest with Google? Well, structured snippets are now officially live in search results on Google. [Search Engine Land]
- Last week PPC Hero covered the breaking news on Mobile ads only using your first description line on Google. So, how do you prepare for the change? [PPC Hero]
- In Bing news, the new campaign planner in the Bing UI was launched this week. [Search Engine Watch]
- Also, remember when Bing announced they will have new device targeting options, combining tablets with desktops? Well, the change has been made. [PPC Hero]
- More Bing news! Bing Ads finally offer dynamic sitelinks. [Search Engine Watch]
- Do you continue to see Ask.com as a top competitor in your Auction Insights report? How do they show in every industry with such low quality scores? [Search Engine Land]
- China’s most used search engine, Baidu, recently came out with a product called “BaiduEye”. Sounds similar to the “Google Glass”, right? But just how similar are the two products? [Advertising Age]
- In an attempt to grow their share of the telphone-marketing software industry, IfByPhone bought Cleveland-based company, Mongoose Metrics. [Chicago Business]
- Is the publicity of being the worst review on Yelp in your location worth it? An Italian restaurant in San Francisco believes it is. [Ad Week]
- In other Social Media news. Is it time to buy stock in Facebook? They are now planning to launch a new advertising platform called “Atlas” in the coming weeks. [International Business Times]
The Latest from PPC Hero:
- CEO of Hanapin Marketing, Pat East, visited with Google to talk about the growth of the agency and accounts managed by Hanapin.
- Kristina McLane, Account Manager at Hanapin Marketing, explained how to overcome disapproval issues in your AdWords account.
- Jeff Baum, Associate Director of Paid Search, went over what you should ask your key stakeholders and vendors.
- Carrie Albright, Senior Account Manager, explained common mistakes advertisers make on Lead Gen accounts.
Browse By Category
A Buyer Persona Based Approach to Mapping Your Customer Journey
Explore how a persona-based approach is used to enhance customer experience, improve targeting accuracy, and harness behavioral analytics to their business objectives.
The Rise of The No-Click Search Results
Searching for answers and data has never been easier thanks to the help of search engines. Here we’ll discuss the effect that no-click cost is having on ppc, including the growing popularity of voice search.
Becoming Allies With The Sales Team: A Lead Gen Solution
Collaborating with your client’s sales team can provide a treasure trove of insights. Explore how PPC tactics are utilized to help shorten the sales cycle and improve close rates!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Opportunities Tab: AdWords vs Bing, A Friendly Match-Up
Dive into AdWords and Bing opportunities tabs and see how they compare. This includes accessibility, features, and performance insights.
How to Drive Calls that Actually Convert
Our experts are here to explain how gaining call tracking data can help you close the gap in your customer journey and tailor their experience so they actually convert.
New Facebook Analytics Updates from F8
Learn about journeys and automated insights, new tools announced at Facebook's F8 conference for the Facebook Analytics tool.