Morning Clicks is your mid-week roundup of digital advertising news and notes. We’re your one-stop shop for the most relevant and important news in the PPC world. Grab your cup of joe and come see us every Wednesday morning.
- First things first, whats the latest with Google? Well, structured snippets are now officially live in search results on Google. [Search Engine Land]
- Last week PPC Hero covered the breaking news on Mobile ads only using your first description line on Google. So, how do you prepare for the change? [PPC Hero]
- In Bing news, the new campaign planner in the Bing UI was launched this week. [Search Engine Watch]
- Also, remember when Bing announced they will have new device targeting options, combining tablets with desktops? Well, the change has been made. [PPC Hero]
- More Bing news! Bing Ads finally offer dynamic sitelinks. [Search Engine Watch]
- Do you continue to see Ask.com as a top competitor in your Auction Insights report? How do they show in every industry with such low quality scores? [Search Engine Land]
- China’s most used search engine, Baidu, recently came out with a product called “BaiduEye”. Sounds similar to the “Google Glass”, right? But just how similar are the two products? [Advertising Age]
- In an attempt to grow their share of the telphone-marketing software industry, IfByPhone bought Cleveland-based company, Mongoose Metrics. [Chicago Business]
- Is the publicity of being the worst review on Yelp in your location worth it? An Italian restaurant in San Francisco believes it is. [Ad Week]
- In other Social Media news. Is it time to buy stock in Facebook? They are now planning to launch a new advertising platform called “Atlas” in the coming weeks. [International Business Times]
The Latest from PPC Hero:
- CEO of Hanapin Marketing, Pat East, visited with Google to talk about the growth of the agency and accounts managed by Hanapin.
- Kristina McLane, Account Manager at Hanapin Marketing, explained how to overcome disapproval issues in your AdWords account.
- Jeff Baum, Associate Director of Paid Search, went over what you should ask your key stakeholders and vendors.
- Carrie Albright, Senior Account Manager, explained common mistakes advertisers make on Lead Gen accounts.