This week Facebook introduced Product Ads, stating that it is a solution designed to help businesses promote multiple products or entire catalogs, across all the devices their customers use.
They can help you:
- Boost clicks and conversions
- Highlight more aspects of your business
- Find new customers or remarket to your current ones
Product Ads offer businesses a number of ways to highlight different items on Facebook. Marketers can upload their product catalog and create campaigns targeting certain products to specific audiences, or let Facebook automatically deliver the most relevant products to people. Products can be shown in single or multi-product ad units.
Product ads can be customized for use throughout the customer journey, from discovery through purchase. Here are some options:
- Advertisers can automatically reach people who visited their website/app (via Custom Audiences), or reach people based on specific interests, locations, etc.
- Advertisers can curate ads as they see fit. For instance, they can highlight products that were viewed on their website/mobile app or showcase best selling products. Or they can create a multi-product ad that highlights the different benefits of a single product.
Product Ads are available today in the API through Facebook Marketing Partners and will roll out in Power Editor over the next few weeks.