- In this economy, you definitely need to be smart about the way you spend your budgets for your PPC accounts – but there can be obstacles. In this post from Search Engine Land, Josh Weller examines 9 problems with paid search and the tactics that can be used to solve them.
- The Rimm-Kaufman group conducted a small study considering the impact of geographic demographics on search user behavior in regard to PPC ads. It’s always interesting to get someone’s (data-based) take on when and where geo-targeting does and doesn’t make sense.
- Some interesting insights (and questions) from Search Engine Land: can AdWords damage its bottom line with the transparency offered by Google’s Bid Simulator tool?
- Google’s blog post last week about the effect of position on conversion rate was met with a mixture of confusion and ambivalence. Regardless of whether or not it’s more than a slight marketing ploy, a lower position can possibly increase conversion rates – if you have specifically targeted ads.
- Did you know optimizing your URLs can increase your CTR? Ivan Strouchliak writes on Creating Search Engine Friendly URLs with PHP. The post starts with the differences between static URLs and dynamic URLs and then discusses additional benefits of URL optimization.
- Carolyn Miller from Microsoft gave us several tips and tricks with regard to keyword research with Microsoft Advertising Intelligence. She lists several resources that will prove useful when performing keyword and negative keyword expansion, market trend analysis, bid/budget management, and more.
- Search Engine Watch posted The Number One SEO/PPC Marketing Tip You Will Ever Learn. It’s simple, but so true – no matter how great your ad position, landing page copy or conversion rate is, it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good product!
- We’re all starting to get very comfortable with the new AdWords Interface. Today, the AdWords crew brings us a few tips for keyword management that will help to maximize the benefits of the new interface. Some things covered are column customization, filters, spreadsheet editing (I love this), and much more!
PPC Hero News Roundup for Friday 8/28/2009
Subscribe to Daily Blog Updates
Save time and Become the Hero with updates from PPC Hero in your inbox!
New Subscribers also receive our highly demanded PPC Budget Forecast template
Browse By Category
Top-Rated Speakers Return: Hero Conf Austin
Each year for Hero Conf we invite the top 10 highest rated speakers to return to the next conference. It is one way we make sure we are giving our attendees the type of content that they want. Here’s the top 10 lineup for this...
Will Google Address Advertisers’ Transparency Concerns?
Personally, I don't think Google is going to give advertisers more transparency and control when it comes to machine learning. Here's why.