PPC Hero News Roundup for Friday 8/28/2009
- In this economy, you definitely need to be smart about the way you spend your budgets for your PPC accounts – but there can be obstacles. In this post from Search Engine Land, Josh Weller examines 9 problems with paid search and the tactics that can be used to solve them.
- The Rimm-Kaufman group conducted a small study considering the impact of geographic demographics on search user behavior in regard to PPC ads. It’s always interesting to get someone’s (data-based) take on when and where geo-targeting does and doesn’t make sense.
- Some interesting insights (and questions) from Search Engine Land: can AdWords damage its bottom line with the transparency offered by Google’s Bid Simulator tool?
- Google’s blog post last week about the effect of position on conversion rate was met with a mixture of confusion and ambivalence. Regardless of whether or not it’s more than a slight marketing ploy, a lower position can possibly increase conversion rates – if you have specifically targeted ads.
- Did you know optimizing your URLs can increase your CTR? Ivan Strouchliak writes on Creating Search Engine Friendly URLs with PHP. The post starts with the differences between static URLs and dynamic URLs and then discusses additional benefits of URL optimization.
- Carolyn Miller from Microsoft gave us several tips and tricks with regard to keyword research with Microsoft Advertising Intelligence. She lists several resources that will prove useful when performing keyword and negative keyword expansion, market trend analysis, bid/budget management, and more.
- Search Engine Watch posted The Number One SEO/PPC Marketing Tip You Will Ever Learn. It’s simple, but so true – no matter how great your ad position, landing page copy or conversion rate is, it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good product!
- We’re all starting to get very comfortable with the new AdWords Interface. Today, the AdWords crew brings us a few tips for keyword management that will help to maximize the benefits of the new interface. Some things covered are column customization, filters, spreadsheet editing (I love this), and much more!
Browse By Category
The Advertising Principles That Guide Facebook's Decisions
Facebook highlights the advertising principles that guide their decision making in response to recent events.
Smart Ways to Get More Marketing Budget and Better Tools
In this new live webinar, Kristin Vick from Hanapin Marketing and Jeff Sauer from Jeffalytics discuss how marketers can ensure they have the budget they need to be effective with online advertising and get the right tools to make that argument.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
The Hero Conf Difference
Of the 50+ search and social conferences you can choose from, we're here to show you why Hero Conf is a can't miss event for busy digital marketers like you.
Improve Your Facebook Ads With Creative Hub and Split Testing
With the updates to Creative Hub and the Split Test feature, one can now institute a basic ad creation and testing process directly within Facebook.
Work Habits & Resources for the Stressed-Out PPC Manager
Feeling a bit stressed this holiday season? Get tips and resources that will help you become more efficient and alleviate stress!