PPC News Roundup for 10/30/2009
October 30, 2009
- It’s finally here? Search Engine Roundtable suggested that the New Microsoft adCenter Desktop Beta is Coming November 6th. If you decide to test out the new application be sure to save your online adCenter account beforehand to avoid data loss.
- Search Engine Journal recently reviewed “KGEN” – the Keyword Generator from Firefox. The application allows you to quickly see which keywords a webpage uses, how many time each keyword was used, and the “weight” of the keyword based on its location on the page. Pretty cool.
- Google launches a new feature called comparison ads. This new feature allows someone who types in a very general search term like ‘mortgage’ to select what area of mortgage they’re looking for specifically, whether it’s loans, or refinancing, etc. Then Google will tailor their results depending on what area the user selected.
- With the holiday season approaching it is time to start thinking about your holiday PPC bidding strategy. Search Engine Land has posted a great review about common trends seen during the holiday season, and strategies for PPC bid management.
- Are you still scared of the Google Content Network? You shouldn’t be! It takes a lot of work but you can generate some great results from this distribution network. Google is willing to offer you a helping hand (of course) to get you started on Content. How nice!
- Has anybody used the translator toolkit from Google yet? I have my doubts. If this thing works anything like Babelfish, then you’re going to end up with gibberish for keywords and ads. Or, maybe it works great. Thoughts?
- Remember all that noise about the Yahoo/Bing deal? Well, it’s still chugging along. Search Engine Watch has reported that the deal has had some implementation snags but it’s progressing. Keep your eyes open.
- We just can’t get enough tips for this seasons holiday shopping. Yahoo! has a good post on challenges and solutions for a ‘tight’ holiday season. It’s no secret, shoppers will be spending less this year, so how can you make your website/product stand out above the crowd?
- Making competitors irrelevant? Sounds kinda interesting, huh? Brian Clark at Copyblogger discusses some practices you can implement for your business-or a client’s- to confront and defeat competition!
Browse By Category
Spotify Advertising: The Why and How
This blog post gives you the rundown on Spotify, including why and how you might advertise on Spotify's new self-serve ad platform, Ad Studio.
5 Facebook Ad Settings to Audit In Your Account
5 Easy settings to audit in your Facebook Ads account to improve performance and understand website traffic.
Analyzing the AdWords Distance Report
The distance report provides a unique view of your geographic data. The report helps users understand how distance from a location impacts search ad performance.
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
How to Master Attribution for Easy Budget Planning
In this webinar, Hanapin’s Cassie Oumedian and Google’s Julia Meter will provide tips on using AdWords attribution to directionally decide where you should allocate your budget, and how you can use the changing industry to your advantage.
Competitive Device Trends: An In-Depth Analysis
Explore how to pull a templated report that includes both device analysis and auction insights competitor data as well as recommendations!
AdWords Interface Updating By End of 2018
By the end of 2018, the old AdWords interface will be replaced by the new AdWords Experience permanently. The exact date of the transition is up for debate but it is expected to come as early as October, if not earlier in the year.