PPC News Roundup for 11/13/2009
November 13, 2009
- Search Engine Land takes a look at the advanced segments feature in Google Analytics. The example compares short & long keywords to show how the advanced tool can be used to analyze keyword data more efficiently. Never hurts to learn a little bit more about Analytics…
- The next installment in the SEM Beginner Series explains the use of dynamic text and how it can be used to improve some Key Performance Indicators. Ad copy that is customized to what the user searched on can improve your CTR and conversion rates.
- Searching Beyond the Paid has a nice post this week on PPC and The Advertising Revolution. The post outlines similarities between PPC and old fashioned classified advertising, point to the call to action as the shared, essential feature.
- Does Zappos have the foundation for future success in this blog post? I think so. Once a company begins to offer these kinds of benefits to both their customers and employees, everyone will eventually have to follow or be forced out of the competition.
- Don’t overlook geotargeting as an integral part of your PPC campaign. This ROI Revolution Blog post focuses on optimizing your PPC campaign using some advanced geographic targeting features.
- Wes Walls at the NVI Solutions blog wrote up a good 4 step strategy to optimize your AdWords campaigns. These strategies are geared to help improve your click-through rate.
- How can you make your PPC campaign awesome? Testing. Sure, you may not know exactly what appeals best to your audience when you’re launching, but you can quickly find out by testing and letting your users tell you what they like.
- And finally: new AdWords features! Check out Brad Geddes’ post and make sure you know about all of them. Keep up with the times, you know.
Browse By Category
Personalized Training to Become a PPC Superhero
If you could divulge your biggest challenges in paid search advertising to an expert who is highly revered by industry peers, approved by 15 US & UK agency leaders, and a driving force in PPC innovation, would you?
Leveraging Custom Intent Audiences on YouTube
Google recently announced the addition of custom intent audiences for YouTube. Structure audiences & content to build goodwill with your prospects!
My Top Failures as a PPC Account Manager
Explore Will Larcom's 5 biggest shortcomings as an Account Manager and the takeaways unearthed by being able to identify them!
A bi-weekly newsletter packed full of resources and strategies that will help make you a better PPC expert.
Hanapin Marketing | The PPC Agency of Experts Behind PPC Hero
Why You Should Test Target ROAS Bidding for Shopping Campaigns
The case for testing Target ROAS bidding for AdWords shopping campaigns, plus tips on how to successfully set up such a test.
10 New Ways to Optimize Paid Search with Call Intelligence
Mobile search drives billions of calls to business each year, and calls convert at a higher rate than digital leads. When properly optimized, calls can have a transformational impact on your bottom line. Join this webinar to learn tactical tips and smart strategies to boost...
Google Adds New Tools to Highlight Physical Store Locations
Buying in-store is still a big deal for shoppers, and Google has announced a few new tools to let physical retailers target those shoppers heading in stores.
Load More »